Metro Rail induction on Dec 16 next yr
Published: 06:42 PM, 28 January 2020 Updated: 08:35 PM, 28 January 2020
The government plans to formally inaugurate the first flying metro rail in Bangladesh on December 16, 2021, to celebrate the Golden Jubilee anniversary of the country’s independence.
The Minister for Road Transport and Bridges and also ruling Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader said this in response to a question raised on the table of Chattogram-4 constituency MP Didarul Alam in Jatiya Sangsad presided over by Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chowdhury on Tuesday.
Obaidul Quader said that the progress of the Agargaon portion from the Uttara third phase of the first part is 66.85 percent. The progress of the second phase from Motijheel to Agargaon construction is 35.99 percent. Electrical and mechanical systems and rolling stock rail coaches and depot equipment procurement work has progressed at 25.25 percent.
He said that following the Prime Minister's instructions, a social survey is underway to extend the MRT Line-6 from Motijheel to Kamalapur. The length of this section is 1.16 km. In the meantime, an 8.5km viaduct has been visible.
Obaidul Quader said that work on MRT Line-1 under the Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit Development Project (Line-1) (E / S) of Dhaka, a 31.241 km long, fly and subway metro, is progressing well. MRT Line-1 is divided into two parts. One is 19.872 km Bangladesh's first underground railway to be constructed on airport route (Airport to Kamalapur) and another is 11.369 km long elevated expressway on the Purbachal route (Notun Bazar to Purbachal). The country’s first underground railway is being constructed on the Airport route, Quader added.
Minister for Road Transport and Bridges said the feasibility study of both routes, Environment Impact Assessment, Resettlement Action Plan, Geo Survey, Basic Design, Utility Relocation Survey, Topographic Survey, Drone Survey of Depot and Alignment and Station have been completed. Detail design work is underway. Depot land acquisition is in progress. The land is being searched for construction of transit-oriented development hub and station plaza in the Purbachal New City area adjacent to route alignment of MRT Line-1.
The Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit Development Project (Line-1), or Bangladesh's first subway project, has been approved at an estimated cost of Tk 52,000 crore during the period from September 2019 to December 2026.
The ruling Awami League government has taken a coordinated action plan to build a strong Metrorail network in the metropolitan Dhaka city and adjoining areas.
- Interest on post office savings to return to previous rates: Kamal
- Pompeo confirms US will sign Taliban deal
- Ex-Trump Mideast envoy joins Israeli venture capital firm
- 25 killed in Delhi violence, wicked people leaving homesteads
- Brazil confirms Latin America’s first coronavirus case
- AL to be more popular in future: HT Imam
- Hilsa fishing banned in Meghna-Tetulia for two months
- More Tk 27cr deposited by Robi
- Bangladesh upbeat to whitewash Zimbabwe in ODIs
- Sharapova retires from tennis
- Saudi Arabi launches Women`s football league
- Fake RAB official detained in Cumilla
- HC upholds ban on women marriage registrar in Bangladesh
- Theft in Miraz`s Mirpur residence
- Hong Kong will give $1,200 to every adult resident
- Bangladesh-Darjeeling train by 2021
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Three robbers detained with weapons in Cumilla
- Pakistan declares Nawaz Sharif, absconding
- Three sentenced to life in Noakhali
- China keen to invest in Bangladesh
- Rose water in skin care in seasonal changes
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Ways to make your child devoted to Salat
- Siddik’s son will be in custody of mother: HC
- 2 Dhaka mayors to take oath tomorrow
- Actions taken on coronavirus are sufficient: IEDCR
- Smith surpasses Kohli in Test rankings
- Minister for action against 14 identified land port corruption
- 172 students get Prime Minister Gold Medal
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- Mid-air plane collision in Australia kills 4