Metro Rail: Advantages and Benefits
Published: 07:46 PM, 21 February 2020 Updated: 10:19 PM, 21 February 2020
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is working to transform the capital dwellers’ dream into a reality. With her hand, Bangladesh is on the highway of development today. Metro rail's first coach has arrived Dhaka to make that trend even faster.
A new coach has been pulled out of a container at the Metro rail depot in Uttara's Diabari on Monday. Although this coach will not be attached directly to the Metro rail. This means it will not be used for passenger transport. This is basically for display. At the same time, ordinary people will be taught to ride in the metro with this coach.
Managing Director of Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit Limited (DMTCL), MAN Siddique, told the media that the coaches made by Mitsubishi and Kawasaki of Japan were designed in accordance with the original coaches. The material and the method it is made are also the same.
How will be the Metro Rail, what will be the benefit and how safe it is? There is no dearth of interest and questions of the countrymen about the dream Metro Rail. There will be two doors around the gateway of the Metro Rail. The door next to the station will be opened. Each door will have multiple sensors to prevent any type of accident and this will reduce the risk of accidents. There will be space for passengers with disabilities or wheelchairs. About two thousand passengers will be able to travel on one train at a time. Accordingly, about 60,000 passengers will be able to travel every hour. Although the first line was to be inaugurated separately, it was decided to inaugurate the entire line from Diabari to Motijheel on December 16, 2021, to celebrate the 50 years of independence.
DMTCL Managing Director MAN Siddique said the construction of a visitor center near Metrorail's depot in Uttara's Diyabari is almost over. The mock-up coach will be placed inside the MRT data and opened for all. There, visitors will be given ideas about cutting tickets, boarding the train, standing, getting out of the train.
A video has been created to give passengers an idea. The video shows the Metrorail running along the center of the capital. The station will be about two feet high and if anyone travels without a ticket, he/she will be fined.
If the project is completed, it will take a very short time to reach Uttara to Motijheel. A total, 16 stations will be set up for 20 kilometers long rail line. The Metrorail will carry around 1,800 passengers every four minutes. About 60,000 passengers will be transported every hour. It will take only 40 minutes to cross this railway. The project has been estimated to cost around Tk 22,000 crore.
Initially, 24 Trains with 6 buggies will run every day in the Metro Rail system from 6am to 11pm. The train will stop at a station for 40 seconds only.
The 16 stations will be at Uttara (North), Uttara (Center), Uttara (South), Pallabi, Mirpur-11, Mirpur-10, Kazipara, Shewarapara, Agargaon, Bijoy Sharani, Farmgate, Karwan Bazar, Shahbag, TSC, Press Club, and Motijheel.
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- DU to remain closed till Apr 11, Noboborsho programs postponed
- Primary class on Sangsad TV begins April 5
- Australia scientists begin test of potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Share market closed till April 11
- Request for 1yr VAT suspension in garment industry
- Britain, France and Germany send medical aid to Iran
- 8 Habiganj people test negative for coronavirus
- Holiday bank hour extended
- Youth shot dead by BSF along Thakurgaon border
- 2 corona deaths reported in Qatar are Bangladeshi
- Does mosquito spread COVID-19?
- 18 Bangladeshi die of coronavirus in NY 24 hrs
- Night temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Law minister condoles death of Shamsur Rahman
- Singer Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus transforms before revealing symptoms: Study
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19