Messi-Suarez net in Barcelona win over Levante
Published: 11:25 AM, 8 January 2018 Updated: 01:16 PM, 11 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez scored first-half goals which lead to Barca a 3-0 win over Levante on Sunday to restore their nine-point advantage.
Messi made his 400th appearance in La Liga by giving Barcelona the early lead which took him to his all-time record in the competition to 365 goals.
Suarez doubled the advantage before halftime and Messi set up Paulinho to round off the win in stoppage time.
Luis Suarez added a second goal before the break and Paulinho tapped in a third goal took Barcelona ahead of Atletico Madrid, who had beaten Getafe on Saturday.
Midfielder Ousmane Dembele came back into the team who suffered a hamstring injury on his LaLiga debut match, while Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta made his 650th appearance.
Levante started the match superbly and offered a threat on 19 minutes when Marc-André ter Stegen had to be alert to push a low shot from Iván López behind. But after 37 minutes Barcelona added a second goal.
In the first-half stoppage time Levante keeper Oier Olazabal produced a decent save after Messi played a tremendous shot.
Levante almost reduced the deficit at the start of the second half when Lopez again forced Ter Stegen into a fine reaction save.
The Barcelona keeper had to be alert again on 65 minutes as he stuck out a leg to block a low shot from Shaquell Moore.
Barcelona accumulated their third goal in the stoppage time when Paulinho tapped a close-range shot after Suarez stepped over a low cross from Messi.
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves