Meltdown and Spectre of all Mac devices affected: Apple
Published: 05:53 PM, 5 January 2018 Updated: 05:57 PM, 8 January 2018
In a recent blog post Apple has said that all iPhones, iPads, and Mac computers are affected by two major flaws in their computer chips.
It appeared that tech companies have been galloping to fix the Meltdown and Spectre bugs in this week which could allow hackers to steal data.
Apple said that there are some patches that already released but there was no evidence that the susceptibility had been overburdened. But they advised to only download the software from trusted sources to avoid malicious apps.
Mac users believed that their devices and operating systems are less vulnerable to security issues than Windows operating system. But the Meltdown and Spectre flaws are found in all modern computer processing units or microchips which is made by Intel and ARM, and together with the firms that supply almost the entire global computer market.
Apple said about the issue that all Mac systems and iOS devices are affected but there are no known exploits impacting customers at this time. It also said that these issues are applied to all modern processors and affected all computer devices and operating systems.
It said that the meltdown does not affect the Apple Watch and the bug was just an issue with Intel processors which are not contained in that device.
Web browser Safari updated their software to patch against Spectre in the coming days. Google and Microsoft have already make a statement in which they warned users about the products that are affected by the bugs.
As part of an update by Google, the firm said its Android phones make up more than 80% of the global market that was protected if users had the latest security updates and the Microsoft has already released some fixes for its users.
- Khulna Tigers earn stunning win over Challengers
- Citizenship Bill: Cops open fire in Assam, 3 dead
- Kathbirali gets censor certificate
- Painting contest to mark Bhasani’s birth anniversary
- Indian entrepreneurs urged to invest in Bangladesh
- Britain votes in ‘Brexit election’
- BB new Executive Director Kazi Enayet Hossain
- 1 killed in Munshiganj wall collapse
- Twitter backs overhaul of social media to stem disinformation
- 2 killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Mashrafe focuses on next game
- 1 dies as workers continue hunger strike
- ‘Corruption in education sector will be eliminated’
- ‘No event under open sky on 31st night’
- Wheelchair cricketers eyeing to win title
- PM asks public servants to stay alert about graft, bribery
- Khulna to field against Chattogram
- DC’s gift to freedom fighters door
- Recruitment test of BB Officer General Dec 27
- Rajshahi secures comfortable victory against Dhaka
- 13 arrested over Rooppur pillow scam
- Kumar Bishwajit’s mother passes away
- Foreign Minister’s India visit postponed
- Lawsuits against 135 including Fakhrul-Rizvi
- ASEAN disappointed over Myanmar’s genocide defending speech
- Cough remedy by natural syrup
- Dhaka set 135 for Rajshahi
- Ali Ajgar’s generosity for poor people
- Rain suspends play in Rawalpindi Test
- Appellate Division rejects Khaleda’s bail plea
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Storm over new black hole issue
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe