Meltdown and Spectre of all Mac devices affected: Apple
Published: 05:53 PM, 5 January 2018 Updated: 05:57 PM, 8 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
In a recent blog post Apple has said that all iPhones, iPads, and Mac computers are affected by two major flaws in their computer chips.
It appeared that tech companies have been galloping to fix the Meltdown and Spectre bugs in this week which could allow hackers to steal data.
Apple said that there are some patches that already released but there was no evidence that the susceptibility had been overburdened. But they advised to only download the software from trusted sources to avoid malicious apps.
Mac users believed that their devices and operating systems are less vulnerable to security issues than Windows operating system. But the Meltdown and Spectre flaws are found in all modern computer processing units or microchips which is made by Intel and ARM, and together with the firms that supply almost the entire global computer market.
Apple said about the issue that all Mac systems and iOS devices are affected but there are no known exploits impacting customers at this time. It also said that these issues are applied to all modern processors and affected all computer devices and operating systems.
It said that the meltdown does not affect the Apple Watch and the bug was just an issue with Intel processors which are not contained in that device.
Web browser Safari updated their software to patch against Spectre in the coming days. Google and Microsoft have already make a statement in which they warned users about the products that are affected by the bugs.
As part of an update by Google, the firm said its Android phones make up more than 80% of the global market that was protected if users had the latest security updates and the Microsoft has already released some fixes for its users.
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- Vegetable vendor dies of dengue in Khulna
- Fish trader killed in Mirpur road crash
- ‘No existence of media owners without journalists’
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Rain may increase gradually in next 72hrs
- Rains lash India`s northern states, kills 30
- Cabinet’s meeting after 7wks
- ‘Allahar Dal’s ameer among 4 ‘militants’ held
- Major General dismissed for sexual harassment
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna