Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
Published: 05:17 PM, 26 January 2020
An inter-ministerial meeting will be held on January 28 on the deadly coronavirus. The meeting will discuss the suspension of travel from China to Bangladesh, Health and Family Welfare Minister Zahid Malek informed.
He made this information during an emergency meeting in the Secretariat's Health Ministry on Sunday.
The meeting was presided over by the President of Bangladesh Society of Medicine Ahmed Kabir said that the disease could not be diagnosed in the early stages of a person suffering from coronavirus. Since there are a large number of Bangladeshi students studying in China, all of them can now carry the virus in return. This is a concern for Bangladesh. Therefore, he urged the Health Minister to take steps to suspend the transit system between Bangladesh and China for a temporary period.
In reply, the Health Minister said that China-Bangladesh trade relations are very deep. Many people in the country are traveling to China for commercial reasons. So if this deadly virus comes to Bangladesh in any way, it can cause major harm to us. For this reason, the inter-ministerial meeting will seriously consider the suspension of all types of travel between the two countries.
The meeting discussed the prevalence of the corona virus. The minister sought to find out how many countries had reached the disease, how many were infected and died.
Health Directorate General of Health Department informed the Health Minister that arrangements have been made in every airport, sea port and land port.
In this connection, the Secretary of Health Services informed the Health Minister about an inter-ministerial emergency meeting with the Foreign Ministry, Civil Aviation and Tourism Ministry, Shipping Ministry, Ministry of Commerce and other related ministries.
The minister also directed the inter-ministerial meeting to be held with the active participation of the concerned ministries on January 28 at 12 pm.
Meanwhile, the Health and Family Welfare Minister has requested the countrymen not to be scared in a separate statement. He said the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has taken all possible steps to prevent coronavirus.
Secretary of the health care department Md. Asadul Islam, Secretary of the Department of Health Education and Family Welfare Md. Ali Noor, Director General of the Department of Health Dr. Abul Kalam Azad and concerned officials and doctors were present.
- 8-yrs son on way demanding punishment of father’s killers
- Man arrested after London mosque stabbing
- CU also not to join combined admission test system
- Martin Braithwaite joins Barcelona
- US Embassy launches website in Bengali
- BSF officer commits suicide in Kashmir
- BD ranks 143 in improving quality of life in children
- Schoolgirl hangs for cellphone
- Train derailed in Australia kills 2
- Bangladeshi detained by BSF on Kurigram border
- Untold story of language fighter Momtaz Begum
- Fraud Nigerian detained in airport
- Tips to get rid of chickenpox scar
- 9 persons, one institution to get Independence Award
- DMP detained 57 in anti-narcotic drive
- Extinct wildcat recovered from Bhola
- S Korea confirms first coronavirus death
- Kohli needs 11 to surpass Ganguly
- Use of English still continues on billboards
- Convicted accused detained in Brahmanbaria
- 2 drug dealers detained in Capital
- Women’s T20 World Cup: Schedule of Tigresses
- 17 years of losing Golam Mustafa
- College teacher, child killed in Bogura road crash
- Language Movement and Manikganj
- SME Product Fair Magura from Feb 22
- Uphold dignity of mother language: PM
- Harry-Megan return to Britain
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Gunfight at banana orchard, drug dealer killed
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Soumya to get married this month
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM