Mayoral Candidates busy in campaign
Published: 09:21 PM, 28 April 2018
Pic: Daily Bangladesh
As soon as the days of Gazipur City Corporation Elections are getting closer, the propaganda campaign started in festive surroundings. The city`s lanes, markets, and posters have been hanging on the street.
Mikeing in the area, supporters and leaders-workers are campaigning for candidates with handbills. Election camp has been built at an important place. The activists go to house-to-house and seeking and asking votes for candidates from the voters.
Meanwhile, District Awami League President, former municipal mayor Advocate Azmat Ullah Khan, has been nominated for the election campaign of the party`s boat symbol. According to this, the election ammunition has returned a few among the Azmat`s leaders and activists.
However, Azmat Ullah Khan started his election campaign for the boat allocation by organizing a mass conduct. Metropolitan Awami League Joint General Secretary Matiur Rahman Mati, Organizing Secretary Kazi Ilias, Thana Awami League General Secretary Rajab Ali, District Juba League leader Khorshed Alam, among others, participated in the mass conduct. Later, he campaigned in different areas of the public wing of 43, 44 and 47, including Bau Bazar, Gopalpur, T & T, Morcun, Shilmun.
The election campaign of BNP candidate`s rally sparked the activists.
BNP central leaders were seen in the field of the campaign. They are seeking votes in front of the metropolis with mass leaders and mass mobilizers. They are expressing various promises. Besides, councillors and reserved women councillor candidates are also campaigning for a sluggish campaign.
BNP mayor candidate Hasan Uddin Sarkar made a mass contact in different areas including Dattapara, Banmala, Riya Gammantas area, Teesta gate, Newbazar, Champakli cinema hall, Madhumati Road and Milgota area in Tongi from 9.30 am on Saturday.
During this, the local vice-chairman Selima Rahman, women`s leader Shirin Sultan and other local leaders-activists participated in the mass contact. Apart from this, central leaders in different areas of the metropolitan area have separate mass organizations. BNP activists alleged that police deployed police at their district BNP office and created panic in their field of election.
The mayor of Islami Oikya Jote candidate Maulana Fazlur Rahman started the election campaign on Saturday from Chandna Chowrasta and started the election campaign in Salna Bazar, Porabari, Master House, Rajendrapur, Bangla Bazar, Pubail Bazar, Mir Bazar, Makhdubi Bazar, Call Market, Chamuchana.
During this time, he met the voters of different categories and exchanged views and spoke on the roadside. Among others, central secretary general Mufti Fayzullah, Senior Vice Chairman, Maulana Abul Hasanat Amini, Joint Chief Secretary Maulana Altaf Hossain, Maulana Abul Kashem, Maulana Sheikh Lokman Hossain, Maulana Junaid Gulzar, Central and local leaders including Mir Hidayat Ullah Gazi and Gazipur district Islami Oikya Jote Mahasachis are also involved in his election campaign.
Besides, Mayor of Communist Party of Bangladesh Ruhul Amin, Islami Movement of Bangladesh, Nasir Uddin, Islamic Front`s Jalal Uddin and Independent Candidate Farid Uddin and Ward Councilors are also seeking the public vote in the area.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties