Mayoral Candidates busy in campaign
Published: 09:21 PM, 28 April 2018
Pic: Daily Bangladesh
As soon as the days of Gazipur City Corporation Elections are getting closer, the propaganda campaign started in festive surroundings. The city`s lanes, markets, and posters have been hanging on the street.
Mikeing in the area, supporters and leaders-workers are campaigning for candidates with handbills. Election camp has been built at an important place. The activists go to house-to-house and seeking and asking votes for candidates from the voters.
Meanwhile, District Awami League President, former municipal mayor Advocate Azmat Ullah Khan, has been nominated for the election campaign of the party`s boat symbol. According to this, the election ammunition has returned a few among the Azmat`s leaders and activists.
However, Azmat Ullah Khan started his election campaign for the boat allocation by organizing a mass conduct. Metropolitan Awami League Joint General Secretary Matiur Rahman Mati, Organizing Secretary Kazi Ilias, Thana Awami League General Secretary Rajab Ali, District Juba League leader Khorshed Alam, among others, participated in the mass conduct. Later, he campaigned in different areas of the public wing of 43, 44 and 47, including Bau Bazar, Gopalpur, T & T, Morcun, Shilmun.
The election campaign of BNP candidate`s rally sparked the activists.
BNP central leaders were seen in the field of the campaign. They are seeking votes in front of the metropolis with mass leaders and mass mobilizers. They are expressing various promises. Besides, councillors and reserved women councillor candidates are also campaigning for a sluggish campaign.
BNP mayor candidate Hasan Uddin Sarkar made a mass contact in different areas including Dattapara, Banmala, Riya Gammantas area, Teesta gate, Newbazar, Champakli cinema hall, Madhumati Road and Milgota area in Tongi from 9.30 am on Saturday.
During this, the local vice-chairman Selima Rahman, women`s leader Shirin Sultan and other local leaders-activists participated in the mass contact. Apart from this, central leaders in different areas of the metropolitan area have separate mass organizations. BNP activists alleged that police deployed police at their district BNP office and created panic in their field of election.
The mayor of Islami Oikya Jote candidate Maulana Fazlur Rahman started the election campaign on Saturday from Chandna Chowrasta and started the election campaign in Salna Bazar, Porabari, Master House, Rajendrapur, Bangla Bazar, Pubail Bazar, Mir Bazar, Makhdubi Bazar, Call Market, Chamuchana.
During this time, he met the voters of different categories and exchanged views and spoke on the roadside. Among others, central secretary general Mufti Fayzullah, Senior Vice Chairman, Maulana Abul Hasanat Amini, Joint Chief Secretary Maulana Altaf Hossain, Maulana Abul Kashem, Maulana Sheikh Lokman Hossain, Maulana Junaid Gulzar, Central and local leaders including Mir Hidayat Ullah Gazi and Gazipur district Islami Oikya Jote Mahasachis are also involved in his election campaign.
Besides, Mayor of Communist Party of Bangladesh Ruhul Amin, Islami Movement of Bangladesh, Nasir Uddin, Islamic Front`s Jalal Uddin and Independent Candidate Farid Uddin and Ward Councilors are also seeking the public vote in the area.
- Samrat-Arman taken to Rab office for interrogation
- HC orders to remove mobile tower from sensitive spot
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- EU and Britain finally agree on new Brexit deal
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 3 JMB members in 5 days remand
- FIFA to continue support for promotion football in Bangladesh
- Unnecessary bloodshed in mountains: HM
- Smart way of making Coffee to lessen weight
- PM Hasina-Modi invited for BAN-IND Test in Kolkata
- Way of cooking tasty ‘malai meat’
- Ambulance cylinder blast kills 2 in Ctg
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Ganguly on ICC`s plan to host World Cup every 3 yrs
- PM gives jersey to FIFA president
- Anti-Terrorism Tribunal’s PP Jahangir released
- 3 cops suspended for transporting mother Hilsa
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Bella Hadid, the most beautiful woman in world, says Science
- Jessia, contestant for ‘Miss Universe Bangladesh’
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Nov 18
- HC’s full verdict removing mobile towers from sensitive places
- Tamim gets injured, pulled out from 2nd round of NCL
- 3 ‘New JMB’ militants detained in Gabtoli
- Brutal murder of Tuhin: Lawyers vows not to fight for accused
- Kuwait-Chattogram direct flight starts Oct 30
- Four dead in Philippine quake
- Bengali calendar changes
- 15 killed in Mexico armed clashes
- Today’s Sports on TV
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- The king who rose from the dead
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- MBBS admission test today
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- New moon king Saturn
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Rani Mukerji calls Sheikh Hasina as mother
- Mohammadpur councilor Habibur detains
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial