Pakistan plane crash:
Pilot issued a warning before the hurtle
Published: 01:51 PM, 23 May 2020 Updated: 01:53 PM, 23 May 2020
At least 97 people have been killed and many more were injured as a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) passenger plane was crashed in Karachi. Air Traffic Control (ATC) records of last-minute conversations with the pilot have been released. There, the pilot warned that the engine of the plane suddenly broke down. This suggests that the plane crashed due to a mechanical problem.
The plane crashed into a mobile tower in a residential area before landing there, although it was very close to the airport. And immediately it caught fire.
According to the Pakistani media, the last-minute recording of the A320 Airbus pilot's words found, as he was shouting ‘May Day, May Day! Two engines broke down! '.
'May Day' is a code of aviation. Pilots use this code in the face of great danger while operating the plane. The same message went to the ATC even before the plane crashed.
The last-minute conversation between the PIA pilot and the ATC was published in the Pakistani media.
Pilot: PK8303 approach.
ATC: Yes sir.
Pilot: We'll go left, right?
ATC: That's right.
Pilot: We're going… two engines broke down!
ATC: Belly landing?
Pilot: (voice is unclear)
ATC: Runway 2 and 5 are ready!
Pilot: Sir! May Day, May Day, May Day, Pakistan 8303!
ATC: Pakistan 8303, Roger Sir. Both runways are ready.
- ACC director Basir’s bail plea rejected
- Imran pleas for lockdown-relax
- 1.5 crore families get govt relief
- DMP replaces three asst police commissioners
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- BNP in isolation of negative politics: Quader
- ADB expands trade finance to support Bangladesh private sector
- Mymensingh reports 81 new COVID-19 cases
- Challengers always stand by people in COVID-19 crisis: COO Yasir
- Inadequate launch risks health service to breakdown
- Father-son electrocuted in Rangpur
- Two die with COVID-19 symptoms at KMCH
- Highest COVID-19 tests in 24hrs, record new infected
- Actress Mohena with in-law members COVID-19 infected
- Coronavirus death toll tops 30,000 in Brazil
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 349 Ansar members infected with COVID-19
- Shakib Khan’s ‘Rangbaaz’ movie producer Mozammel dies
- Keep your mouth shut: Police Chief advises Trump
- Biman cancels flights for passenger crisis
- Stolen Tk60 lakh of National Bank recovered
- ‘Ultimate repercussion’ if US hurt China’s interests
- BNP office fluxed of banner-festoon; neither activity, no activist
- Smith not to play in Aus ‘due to IPL’ if necessary
- Child among 4 another contracted COVID-19 in Nandail
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000