Mass gatherings in relief distribution!
Published: 05:54 PM, 1 April 2020
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The activities of various social and political organizations including administration to tackle the coronavirus infection are noticeable, however, no one maintains the social distance except administration. Where the administration forbade to leave the house, mass gatherings and photo sessions are going on in the name of relief distribution in Shariatpur.
People are not following the restrictions except the main roads of the district and upazila city. People are meeting like huts of the village area from morning till afternoon.
The administration closed all shops except pharmacy, grocery stores, and raw markets – drawn round circles in front of these shops. Army, RAB, police are constantly patrolling to reduce gatherings. Even all government, private institutions including schools, madrasas have been closed. All did this for avoiding gatherings to stop the coronavirus infection.
But in relief distribution, hundreds of people are seen gathering. No one maintaining social distance, even not using any equipment such as masks, gloves.
It has been seen that rice, pulse, potatoes, onions, oils, salts were distributed among poor in the initiative of various social, political, and individual enterprises in six upazilas of the district. The low-income people living in Shariatpur are in dire straits under the government’s unannounced lockdown program. That is why many families are desperately trying to get relief.
The same image has been seen in relief activities in different upazilas of the district. However, the government relief under the District Commissioner (DC) has been given by following the rules.
In this regard, DC Kazi Abu Taher of Shariatpur said, “I am urging those who are distributing relief among the poor in the crisis time to maintain the social distance.”
“I am requesting to contact with district administration. Do not distribute relief by breaking the rules only for show-off,” he also said.
- Former SCC mayor Kamran tests positive for COVID-19
- Natore reports three new COVID-19 patients
- Dr. Nahid brought to Suhrawardy Hospital
- 29 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Fiji declares itself Coronavirus-free
- Foreign currency reserve, annual remittances hit record highs
- Qatar completes third World Cup stadium
- Coronavirus is ‘weakening’, now claims US doctors
- Govt to recruit 3,000 medical technologists-technicians
- COVID-19 cases reached 1281 in Cumilla
- Youths in country mostly infected with coronavirus
- Electrician dies falling from under-construction building
- 123 officials get promoted as joint secretaries
- Don Dawood Ibrahim and his wife infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Cox’s Bazar declared as country’s first ‘red zone’
- Bank official among 3 of a family hacked in Pabna, bodies found 3 days later
- ‘Environment care would have made easier to combat virus’
- Shechwashebak League leader killed in Bogura
- Gazipur coronavirus cases surpass 1,500
- New routine for secondary classes on TV released
- Four families placed under lockdown in Brahmanbaria
- 3 killed, 7 injured in knife attack at China supermarket
- Tea seller anxious despite his son gets GPA-5
- Consumers suffering in ‘spooky electricity bills’
- India breaks all records of COVID-19 cases in a day
- Sherpur reports six new coronavirus infected cases
- Schoolboy`s body found in pond
- Charging extra fare is breach of promise: Quader
- 5 day labourers missing as boat capsize in Padma
- Coronavirus death toll exceeds 800 in country
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- 2,423 new infected, 35 die in 24 hours
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register