Mashrafe leaves Dhaka to join team in England
Published: 05:08 PM, 22 May 2019 Updated: 05:08 PM, 22 May 2019
Bangladesh ODI skipper Mashrafe Mortaza left Dhaka on Wednesday to join Bangladesh team in England.
He came to the country for a short break after his side’s epic success in tri-series tournament in Ireland. Considering he will be out of the country for at least one and a half months, Mashrafe chose to have a break indeed.
After spending three days in the country with his family, Mashrafe boarded the flight for London at 10 AM this morning. He will join Bangladesh’s practice camp at Leicestershire first after which he will attend a conference of all the captains in this World Cup on Thursday. This conference will take place on Cardiff.
Bangladesh, however, will play two World Cup practice matches in Cardiff-against Pakistan on May 26 and against Indian on May 28 before taking on South Africa on June 2, in their first World Cup match at the Oval in London.
Meanwhile, opener Tamim Iqbal who was in Dubai with his family will also join the team in Cardiff.
The tri-series trophy win gave Bangladesh confidence that they can live up to the expectation in this World Cup. The Tigers practically are eying a berth in the semifinal of the World Cup.
They had moved into the quarterfinal of the last World Cup in Australia and New Zealand. However their recent success in ODI cricket and tri-series trophy win gives them confidence to make the dream true.
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- BNP hatching conspiracy to create anarchy: Nasim
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20