March 3,1971: National anthem selection
Published: 01:03 PM, 3 March 2019 Updated: 04:47 PM, 3 March 2019
It was 3rd March 1971, section 144 was imposed across the capital city Dhaka. People came out of home violating the curfew. The then Pak government threw bullets over the agitated people in Nawabpur, Toyenbee Circular road, Bhajahari Saha Street, Green Road, Stadium, Kathal Bagan, Kalabagan, New Market and Farmgate areas in the city. Lots of people shot dead.
People gathered and placed a rally with eight martyred of the previous night (Night March 2). The agitating people run the demonstration beyond fair of death. The bodies of the martyred were kept in the Shahid Minar, then the liberation thrust people took an oath to free the country from the Pak oppression.
People brought those martyred bodies to the Paltan Maidan. Meanwhile, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman declared of all-pervading non- cooperation Movement among innumerable fierce crowds.
Later, 110 Military order imposed. In the night before the day, ‘Kha’ zone military administrator Le Gen. Sabezada Md. Yakub Khan imposed a ban on publication of anti- Pakistani news, pictures and opinion keeping capital punishment of 10 years imprisonment in violation.
Despite such unfavourable circumstances, Chhatra League held a rally in Paltan Maidan and selected the song ‘Amar Sonar Bangla, Ami Tomay Bhalobasi’ as the National anthem. And it was sung unitedly while Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was present. Later Shahjahan Siraj hoisted the National flag
Meanwhile ASM Abdur Rab, Shahjahan Siraj, Abdul Kuddus Makhan, and Noor-e-Alam Siddki, these four student leaders requested Bangabandhu for the declaration of Independence. But he didn’t do this; Bangabandhu was waiting for an appropriate time.
Source: Ekattorer Dinguli- Jahanara Imam and Muktijuddher Itihas- Muhammad Jafor Iqbal.
- German arms export freeze on Saudi Arabia extended
- 6 arrested in Bagha border with Indian citizens
- Argentina court approves hijab!
- Finally suspension order of Zinia withdrawn
- 60 marks exam must to be BCL leaders
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- Tree plantation program held at IU
- Rabab Fatima appointed Bangladesh’s envoy to UN
- Dope test for bus drivers from Dec 1
- Ashura reminds Islam is integral part of the Abrahamic tradition
- CIP cards handover to 182 businessmen
- Bangladesh in Tri-Nation T20 final
- Bangladesh Bank upsurges ADR
- BSEC approves Standard Bank’s bond
- Fire in Liberia’s school kills over 27 children
- ‘Independent supreme court’ of Facebook
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Iran threatens to invade US with all
- Kashmiris night out on trees in raid panic
- Tea: wonderful natural beauty elements
- Vulgar message from Popy`s ID!
- Pakistan refuses Modi’s German flight over land
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Tigers post 175/7 against Zimbabwe
- Solution to disputes with GP, Robi in 3 weeks: FnM
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Marriage in police station after rape: OC Obaidul dismissed
- Ira Khan casts brother Junaid to debut play Medea
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Mayaboti’ to release 22 theaters tomorrow
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Jennifer Lopez steals money and shows in ‘Hustlers’
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- ACC director Yusuf’s wife burnt in fire dies