Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
Published: 09:56 PM, 15 March 2019
An Australian man’s life has been saved – by his mobile phone.
Incredibly his phone stopped an arrow from hitting him as he came under attack in rural New South Wales.
The 43-year-old was left with a small cut on his chin following the bizarre incident, but pictures released by the police show it could have been much. much worse.
The incident began when the attacker, carrying a bow and arrow, confronted the man outside his house, NSW police said.
The victim then raised his phone to photograph the potential attack, when his assailant fired the arrow.
Instead of being a camera, the phone suddenly became a unlikely shield, helping to protect the victim from potentially serious injury.
Police said the arrow pierced the victim’s phone, knocking it back into his face.
He suffered a small cut but was otherwise unhurt.
The two men were known to each other, said officers.
The incident happened in the town of Nimbin, some 110 miles south of Brisbane, earlier this week.
The 39-year-old man who fired the arrow has been charged with assault and property damage offences, and will appear in court next month.
The town of Nimbin has a reputation for being the marijuna capital of Australia.
It has even been described as ‘Naughty Nimbin’ by some locals.
- 2 killed as bus hits autorickshaw in capital
- Rohingya man among two killed in gunfight
- Midnight bomb panic in Paltan, Khamarbari
- AL leader slaughtered in Lama
- Countrywide water transport strike underway
- England face Ireland in 1st Test today
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Pickup claims 3 worker lives
- Renu lynching: Prime accused arrested
- Chelsea beat Barcelona in Japan friendly
- Hajj Health Tips
- DU students protest continues for 3rd Day
- Airbus’ new concept: ‘Bird of prey’ plane
- Ill race of making bridges
- S Korea’s warning shot at Russ army jet
- Malinga set to retire after 1st Bangladesh ODI
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- Minni sent to jail
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- How to get HSC result
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- ‘Child lifters’ rumor: innocence loses life
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Humanity for animal !
- Court denies bail for Minni
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM
- “Macedon too small for you, one day you will conquer world”
- ‘Masud Rana’s shooting set to kick-off
- Indian teenage TV actor killed in road crash
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series