Mannan seeks engineers’ support
Published: 06:00 PM, 3 March 2019
Planning Minister MA Mannan sought continued support of the engineers in implementing massive development works taken by the Awami League government.
“You all are aware of the fact that a wind of massive change is sweeping across the country. You (engineers) represent a big portion of this development spree and wind of change as all the infrastructural works are being done by yourselves,” he said.
The Planning Minister was speaking at the “Engineer MA Jabbar Memorial Lecture” as the chief guest at the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) on Sunday.
Chairman of Civil Engineering Division of IEB Engineer Mohammad Habibur Rahman made the key-note presentation chaired by former President of IEB Engineer Md Nurul Huda.
Mentioning that the engineers are being involved in the planning process, formulation of designs, implementation and evaluation process of the infrastructural works, Mannan said, “The success of the development works that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been undertaking over the years to transform the country depends on your support, cooperation and loyalty to the motherland,”
He said that the government of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is always ready to do whatever necessary for the development of the country as well as betterment and welfare of the country’s people. “We hope that we’ll get your unflinching support towards prosperity and development of the country and thus building the nation suitable for the 21st century,”
Highlighting various steps of the government towards implementing the Delta Plan 2100, Mannan said, “We’ll have to do a lot of hard work and make necessary expenditure towards implementing the Delta Plan 2100. Our economy is expanding so as the mobilization of resources. We believe that we’ll be able to implement the Delta Plan,”
He went on saying, “Our economic situation will witness progress in every decade and with the additional revenue and resources, we’ll be able to implement this huge plan.”
Mentioning that the government has been implementing mega projects like the Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant and Karnaphuli Tunnel as well as launched Bangabandhu Satellite in the space, the Planning Minister said that the engineers have enough scopes of work in such magnitude of projects and the government would provide necessary cooperation and support in this regard.
Mannan also assured the IEB leaders to provide all necessary support for the betterment and welfare of this section of professionals.
- German arms export freeze on Saudi Arabia extended
- 6 arrested in Bagha border with Indian citizens
- Argentina court approves hijab!
- Finally suspension order of Zinia withdrawn
- 60 marks exam must to be BCL leaders
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- Tree plantation program held at IU
- Rabab Fatima appointed Bangladesh’s envoy to UN
- Dope test for bus drivers from Dec 1
- Ashura reminds Islam is integral part of the Abrahamic tradition
- CIP cards handover to 182 businessmen
- Bangladesh in Tri-Nation T20 final
- Bangladesh Bank upsurges ADR
- BSEC approves Standard Bank’s bond
- Fire in Liberia’s school kills over 27 children
- ‘Independent supreme court’ of Facebook
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Iran threatens to invade US with all
- Kashmiris night out on trees in raid panic
- Tea: wonderful natural beauty elements
- Vulgar message from Popy`s ID!
- Pakistan refuses Modi’s German flight over land
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Tigers post 175/7 against Zimbabwe
- Solution to disputes with GP, Robi in 3 weeks: FnM
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Marriage in police station after rape: OC Obaidul dismissed
- Ira Khan casts brother Junaid to debut play Medea
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Mayaboti’ to release 22 theaters tomorrow
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Jennifer Lopez steals money and shows in ‘Hustlers’
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- ACC director Yusuf’s wife burnt in fire dies