Mannan seeks engineers’ support
Published: 06:00 PM, 3 March 2019
Planning Minister MA Mannan sought continued support of the engineers in implementing massive development works taken by the Awami League government.
“You all are aware of the fact that a wind of massive change is sweeping across the country. You (engineers) represent a big portion of this development spree and wind of change as all the infrastructural works are being done by yourselves,” he said.
The Planning Minister was speaking at the “Engineer MA Jabbar Memorial Lecture” as the chief guest at the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) on Sunday.
Chairman of Civil Engineering Division of IEB Engineer Mohammad Habibur Rahman made the key-note presentation chaired by former President of IEB Engineer Md Nurul Huda.
Mentioning that the engineers are being involved in the planning process, formulation of designs, implementation and evaluation process of the infrastructural works, Mannan said, “The success of the development works that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been undertaking over the years to transform the country depends on your support, cooperation and loyalty to the motherland,”
He said that the government of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is always ready to do whatever necessary for the development of the country as well as betterment and welfare of the country’s people. “We hope that we’ll get your unflinching support towards prosperity and development of the country and thus building the nation suitable for the 21st century,”
Highlighting various steps of the government towards implementing the Delta Plan 2100, Mannan said, “We’ll have to do a lot of hard work and make necessary expenditure towards implementing the Delta Plan 2100. Our economy is expanding so as the mobilization of resources. We believe that we’ll be able to implement the Delta Plan,”
He went on saying, “Our economic situation will witness progress in every decade and with the additional revenue and resources, we’ll be able to implement this huge plan.”
Mentioning that the government has been implementing mega projects like the Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant and Karnaphuli Tunnel as well as launched Bangabandhu Satellite in the space, the Planning Minister said that the engineers have enough scopes of work in such magnitude of projects and the government would provide necessary cooperation and support in this regard.
Mannan also assured the IEB leaders to provide all necessary support for the betterment and welfare of this section of professionals.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar