Published: 12:55 PM, 6 December 2018 Updated: 12:55 PM, 6 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Two heavyweight leaders of the two alliance have been contesting in the Bogura-2 (Shibganj) constituency in the eleventh parliamentary elections. One of them, Jatiya Oikkofornt leader Mahmudur Rahman Manna, convener of civil unity, once influential Awami League leader and former VP of DUCSU. The other one is current MP, Jatiya Party's vice-chairman and district president Shariful Islam Jinnah.
Though they are rivals in the fields of votes but very similar in one place. And that is - both are indebted. This information is submitted in the affidavit with the nomination papers of the eleventh parliamentary election.
Manna mentioned in his affidavit that he lives in the capital's elite area Gulshan but he has no private car. His wife is more wealthy than him. He wants to run in the elections with the help of his wife and expatriate sister in law. His movable assets amounted to Tk 27,42,492 and Tk 10,577 deposited in the bank.
Besides, he has cash Tk 586,915, shares and bonds of Tk 20,000, 5 gold jewelry worth Tk 35,000 and 1 thousand 612 square feet house or apartment. The amount of movable assets of his wife Mehr Nigar has been shown to be Tk 40, 97, 731. Mannar's immovable property is a house worth Tk 32,15,000. In the Wari area of the capital, his wife has a house with 42 Satak and 49 Satak of the land in Sadarpur and Sholagarh mouja of Sunamganj.
Earlier, in 2008, only Tk 840,000 was shown in the affidavit submitted in the same constituency. In 10 years, the loan increased to 53 crores 45 lakh 48 thousand 246 takas. He referred to profession as a businessman, politician, writer and columnist. Business has been shown as the source of income.
In the affidavit, he mentioned three cases. Two cases have been filed in the CMM court. Which is under investigation. The other case is in the special military court. He has been acquitted from the case.
Manna is contesting under the symbol of Paddy shape for the Oikkofront. Before that, he was defeated by a huge margin by taking part in the election three times from this constituency.
In the meantime, MP of the Bogura-2 constituency in the affidavit submitted before the parliamentary elections of 2014, Shariful Islam Jinnah showed his income from agriculture, house rent, and business up to December 2013, Tk 3,19, 600.
In the affidavit submitted now, he showed similar income in those three sectors. But the cash is going down. Five years ago, he had cash worth Tk 4, 68,000. Now it has reduced to Tk 1, 50,000. The cash held by his wife has increased from Tk 100,000 to 150,000.
However, according to the previous estimation, there is no money deposited in the bank, but this time he has shown deposited of Tk 50,62,797. Five years ago he had a car worth 5 lakhs in the name of his wife, but now it is not. However, Shariful Islam himself used to land cruiser worth 36 lakh 74 thousand 991. Although he did not have firearms before, he now owns a pistol and a mini rifle. The price of which is Tk 250,000.
In the 5 years, there was no change in his tin-sheds. There were gold jewelery worth Tk 70 thousand in the name of both husband and wife, still, there are. In his name shown Tk 70 thousand and wife's name is 60 thousand for electronic products. The furniture in the name of two is Tk 1.35 billion. Within 5 years Shariful Islam took loans and bought 36 million 16 thousand 742 takas for the car. He is now fighting the langal symbol for the grand alliance.
The two leaders demanded the affidavit, they gave the truth and accurate information in the affidavit.
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Shakib on the brink of another milestone
- Mozammel to join Modi’s oath ceremony
- Iraq sentences 3 Frenchmen to death
- PM to leave home for 12-day tour Tuesday
- Miraz vows to cover up Tigers’ lack of leg-spinner
- Don`t want to see BRTC bankrupt: Quader
- Mahathir expected to visit Bangladesh at ‘year-end’
- Bangladesh-Japan to sign $2.5 bl ODA
- Habitual coffee drinkers really do wake up and smell coffee
- Study predicts shift to smaller animals over next century
- Exotic matter uncovered in the sun`s atmosphere
- PBI proves ex-Sonagazi OC `fault` in DSA
- Modi to take oath on Thursday
- IGP calls for increasing security ahead of Eid
- Bangladesh`s warm-up abandoned due to rain
- JS body urge to complete “Swadhinata Stambha” soon
- Eid Jamaat at 8:30 am
- 6 hours’ road reduced to 1.5 hour
- Hasan urges BNP not to do ‘ill politics’ over Khaleda’s health
- EC, Local Govt Division get new secretaries
- Cannes 2019: All the winners and losers of this year`s festival
- 72nd Cannes film festival winners at a glance
- Magnitude 8 earthquake strikes Peru
- Historical Conquest of Mecca
- ‘Gas supply’ in Capital suspended tomorrow
- No unity in Oikya Front: Information Minister
- PM for girls’ vocational education
- JP`s proposal to ensure safe Eid- journey
- Trump and Abe do diplomacy over golf and sumo
- All News »
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- 29 fake question leakers held in Satkhira
- PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized