Manchester City to offer Pep Guardiola long-term deal: Reports
Published: 12:49 PM, 21 December 2017
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Manchester City will hold talks with manager Pep Guardiola at the end of the season about extending his three-year deal, British media reported on Sunday.
The reports said that convincing the 46-year-old to sign a new contract would top the agenda at next May’s end-of-season review traditionally held by City Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and CEO Ferran Sorriano.
Sky Sports, citing sources connected to the runaway Premier League leaders, reported that City are confident everything is in place to persuade Guardiola to stay longer at the club.
City are 11 points clear at the top of the table after extending their English top-flight record winning run to 16 games in a row with a 4-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday that maintained their unbeaten league campaign.
Guardiola is halfway through his contract, worth up to 20 million pounds ($26.63 million) annually according to The Daily Telegraph.
Guardiola failed to win a trophy for the first time in his managerial career last season, but as well as being hot favourites to win the league this campaign, his side visit Leicester City in the League Cup quarter-finals on Tuesday and Swiss side FC Basel in the Champions League last 16 in February.
Guardiola took a year off after four years in charge at Barcelona, where he described the political pressures as like “being in an oven”, and then spent three years at Bayern Munich before joining City. Source: Reuters
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- Vegetable vendor dies of dengue in Khulna
- Fish trader killed in Mirpur road crash
- ‘No existence of media owners without journalists’
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Rain may increase gradually in next 72hrs
- Rains lash India`s northern states, kills 30
- Cabinet’s meeting after 7wks
- ‘Allahar Dal’s ameer among 4 ‘militants’ held
- Major General dismissed for sexual harassment
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna