Man sentenced to death for Krishna Kaberi murder case
Published: 09:19 PM, 3 January 2019 Updated: 09:22 PM, 3 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
A man was sentenced to the death for killing Krishna Kaberi Biswas, a college teacher in the capital’s Mohammadpur in 2015.
The condemned convict is M Jahirul Islam Polash, manager of a broker house in Gulshan. He was tried in absentia.
The court fined him Tk one lakh under section 302 of Penal Code.
Besides, under section 20 and 7 of the Penal Code, the court sentenced him to life term imprisonment for the attempt to murder Kaberi’s husband and two daughters, leaving them injured.
Under the sections, the court also fined him Tk 50,000, in default, he has to serve one year more imprisonment.
The case was filed by Krishna Kaberi’s brother-in-law Sudhangshu Shekar Bishwas with Mohammadpur Police Station accusing Zahirul as the lone accused.
According to the case statement, it was alleged that on the night of March 30, the killer entered the flat of Sitangshu to greet him on his belated birthday. Then Zahirul hit his head with a hammer after drugging him with contaminated juice.
As Krishna wanted to save her husband, the killer hacked her with a kitchen sickle and later set her on fire. She died the following day.
Sitangshu, deputy director of Bangladesh Road Transport Authority, and their 14-year-old daughter Srabani Biswas Sruti and eight-year-old daughter Arti Biswas were also injured in the attack.
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Priya`s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Tamim to lead Tigers in SL tour
- PM reaches London
- Mashrafe rule out of Sri Lanka tour
- Jamuna devours over 300 houses
- Municipal services halted in Mathbaria, extreme sufferings
- Kid drowns in Gabindaganj floodwater
- AL to hold joint meeting Saturday
- Minni sent to jail
- PM to join envoys’ conference in London tomorrow
- Tendulkar inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- ‘All must come forward to destroy Aedes mosquitoes origin’
- `Study in India` fair starts in Dhaka
- Cricket is not a sport: Russia
- ICC introduces new rule on substitute player
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Magnitude 5.5 quake jolts Bangladesh
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- 3 more bodies recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach