Man held for ‘violating’ daughter in Jhalakati
Published: 10:58 PM, 24 September 2019
Department of Women Affairs (DWA) on Tuesday handed over a man to the police for reportedly violating his own daughter at Jhalakati.
The arrestee was identified as Babul Fakir of Sholposhena village in Sadar upazila.
Altaf Hossain, deputy director of the local DWA office, said the victim, now a Class-VIII student, came to the office and complained against her father who violated her two years back.
He said Babul Fakir raped his daughter when she was in Class-VI.
The girl was married off to a youth later but got divorced one month after her marriage.
Recently, Babul Fakir again tried to rape his daughter but failed as she raised hue and cry.
Later, the girl lodged a complaint with the local DWF office.
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- TV umpire to call no-balls in cricket first
- Five robbers detained in Narayanganj
- China`s new high-speed train faster than air travel
- School changes Nurani’s life
- Child body recover from pond
- Admission faker detained in interview
- New high-speed train faster than airbus
- BNP does not believe in constitution: Dipu Moni
- Uber reveals thousands of reported sexual assaults in US
- Disabled Zahid standing beside a disabled child
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Man dies for daughter
- Kawsar: Best researcher in Artificial Intelligence sector
- UN calls Israel to leave Golan heights
- RAB arrests 2 militant in Pallabi
- Trump on likely impeachment
- 62 killed as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast: UN
- 1.4 lakh killed in Measles epidemic
- 42 detained in DMP anti-drug drive
- 38 killed in Burundi landslides
- Soumya’s stormy batting gives easy victory over Bhutan
- Bharat army’s worst fraud in history!
- People greetings Telangana police with flowers
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`