Man found dead in Sitakunda identified as physician
Published: 12:15 PM, 19 October 2019 Updated: 03:58 PM, 19 October 2019
Dr Md Shah Alam. Photo: Collected
A man, who was found dead in Kumira Ghatghar area under Sitakunda of Chattogram, was identified as Dr Md Shah Alam, 58, a physician.
Shah Alam was the son of Azizul Haque of Choto Kumira area. He was the pediatric department head of Medina Hospital in Saudi Arabia. He had left his lucrative job in Saudi Arabia and came home to serve his own people.
Kumira Union Parishad Chairman confirmed the information.
Earlier on Friday morning, the body of the doctor was found lying beside Dhaka-Chattogram highway. Being informed by locals, police recovered the body and sent it to Chattogram Medical College hospital for autopsy.
Shamim Sheikh, inspector (investigation), Sitakunda Model Police Station, said that the body was sent Chattogram Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy. The reason behind his death will be known after getting the autopsy report, the OC added.
Meanwhile, Kumira UP Chairman Morshed Chowdhury said that he knows Dr Shah Alam for 30 years. He was the pediatric department head of Medina Hospital in Saudi Arabia but returned home leaving the job and opened a chamber ‘Baby Care’ at Kumira bazar to serve the people of his locality.
He was murdered while going home on Thursday night, he added.
- Ethiopia to unveil referendum results on new state on Saturday
- Road accidents kill 2 in Ctg
- Probe body formed over Munshiganj road crash
- NU 1st year degree exams to begin Nov 24
- Parash to be the chairman of Jubo League!
- Helper killed in Cumilla bus-pickup collision
- MP Bubly expelled from Awami League
- Kohli, bowlers put India in command
- Ebadat removes Pujara, 3 down for India
- 18 held for giving proxy in NSI recruitment test
- ‘Unnecessary’ overseas tours of govt officers
- BNP`s movement issue no more exists: Quader
- DU to introduce online service on Dec 1
- Bus service resumes in Jashore
- ‘Violent conflict likely if Rohingya crisis not resolved’
- Concussed Liton, Nayeem replaced by Miraz, Taijul
- New onion in the market for Tk 60
- Let`s make healthy ‘Spinach-mushrooms’
- Syria war kills 29,000 children
- 21 yrs old become the youngest judge in India
- Munshiganj fatal road crash: Identity of 9 found
- Female UP member occupied farmer’s land
- Bangladesh’s first concussion replacement in test cricket
- Fatal road crash in Munshiganj leaves 10 dead
- Ishant takes a fifer, Bangladesh all out for 106
- Global participants showcase community health workers’ role
- Colombia anti-government protesters clash with police
- Historic Shat Gombuj Masjid increases revenue income
- 559 dengue patients hospitalized in country
- 70 gold bars seized at Ctg airport
- All News »
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- International Men’s Day today
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Messi-led Argentina arrive in Israel for Uruguay friendly
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- PSC, Ebtedayee terminal exams begin tomorrow
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft
- 5 dead in Bolivia clashes challenging interim govt
- Delightful 2nd day of Dhaka Int’l Folk fest today
- 2.5-km to be visible
- PM joins gleaming Dubai air show
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft this evening
- Nusrat Jahan at ICU