Man arrested for filming body bags piling up at Wuhan hospital
Published: 02:51 PM, 3 February 2020 Updated: 02:58 PM, 3 February 2020
The video footage taken by Chinese man Fang Bin showed the the body bags pile up inside a hospital in Wuhan with coronavirus outbreak; Photo: Collected
China authorities arrested a man on Sunday for filming a covert video showing the true range of the coronavirus as the body bags pile up inside a hospital in Wuhan, capital of Central China’s Hubei province and the epicenter of the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
The images from inside a medical facility in Wuhan show covered bodies as staffers and patients walk the halls with the mask on. — reports the Sun.
In the video footage, the doctors wearing hazmat suits can also be seen declaring the death of coronavirus victim in the hospital.
The covert video footage was shot by Chinese man Fang Bin who was later arrested by police for taking the video.
In the video, it was seen that Fang went to a van outside the hospital and counted the number of body bags piled on top of each other and when he went inside the hospital he saw more bodies lying in the corridors waiting for people to move them outside.
Fang was eventually released by police but confiscated his computers and allowed to keep his mobile.
He then posted another video on Twitter where he was saying “he was still afraid that he may get arrested again and that all Chinese people needed to stand together”.
“I have been saying that my safety relies on everyone,” he said adding, “It’s useless to be careful, it’s useless to beg them...the more you fear, the more they do things this way.”
Wuhan is currently in lockdown and it has been reported that residents in the city are now struggling to access food.
The video came after declaring the official death toll from the coronavirus rises 361 in China with a suspected 14,300 cases nationwide.
The World Health Organization (WHO) expected the number can rise significantly and 75,815 people could be infected in Wuhan.
- BBC broadcasts Islamic sermons in UK as mosques remain shut
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 87,000
- Lockdown imposed in Khulna
- Infected physician sent to Dhaka from Sylhet
- 3 more infected with coronavirus in Chattogram
- Dengue claims 254 Indonesian lives amid coronavirus
- PM’s gift distributed among 1150 auto-rickshaw drivers
- Six reasons to why men prefer living alone
- Jamalpur under complete lockdown
- Another infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Red flags on 20 houses in Chandpur
- All Rohingya camps ‘lockdown’
- Erdogan tweeted greeting for Shab-e-Barat
- 15-member medical team arriving from China
- 7 samples collected for coronavirus test in Kazipur
- Narsingdi set to lockdown from tomorrow
- 29 fined for violating ‘stay home’ rules in capital
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India