Malinga in Sylhet to join Khulna Titans
Published: 09:09 PM, 14 January 2019 Updated: 09:09 PM, 14 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Sri Lanka T-20 skipper, Right-handed pacer Lathis Malinga have joined to Khulna Titans in Sylhet.
Malinga has joined BPL franchise Khulna Titans Monday afternoon, ahead of the Sylhet phase of the tournament.
The addition of Malinga will boost the Titans squad after a disappointing start to the tournament in Dhaka where Khulna lost all four matches to find themselves bottom of the points table.
In the last edition of the BPL in 2017, the 35-year old played for Rangpur Riders and took eight wickets in as many matches.
Upon his arrival, Malinga said, "Still eight matches left. We have a good team. Hopefully, we can turn around and start winning from next match."
Malinga is the second highest wickets taker in the T20s. He has already bagged 355 wickets in 264 matches.
Khulna will take on Rajshahi Kings in the first game of the Sylhet phase Tuesday afternoon, at 1:30pm.
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 18 killed, 29 injured in Venezuela road crash
- OC Moazzem handed over to Feni police
- Moazzem to be produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal today
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Shahid says fight with Mira can last 15 days
- Tigers take on WI a must-win WC match
- 5th phase polls in 23 UZs tomorrow
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
- Countrywide Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign June 22
- JS sitting adjourned till 3 pm tomorrow
- Areas where gas supply shut on Monday
- 136 official promoted as Joint Secretary
- FSA chair exempted from contempt charge
- `Swajan` service to prisoners
- SC cancels Hallmark chairman’s bail
- Over 40% of newly elected Indian lawmakers facing charges
- Huge crowds march call for city leader to step down
- Have you ever said to father? `Love you`
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight