Malaysian investors dazed at amazing dev of Bangladesh
Published: 07:12 PM, 24 October 2019
The visiting 11-member delegation of Malaysian investment firm Greenland Titijaya has expressed surprise at the development-surge of Bangladesh in a very short time, saying that ‘in the near future, Bangladeshis will eat on gold-made plates.
Sources of the Ministry of Housing and Public Works informed that, the delegation, headed by Greenland-Titijaya Group Managing Director Tan Sri Dato Lim Sun Peng made this remark on Thursday while they met Housing and Public Works Minister SM Rezaul Karim at the Secretariat.
At the meeting, Greenland Titijaya presented some development proposals including various investments in the housing sector of Dhaka under Business to Business or Public-Private Partnership especially significant and exciting new ideas, proposals to build microhomes for young careers and expressed deep interest to in the country’s housing sector.
The delegation said the microhome would be a unified system, with office facilities as well as accommodations, entertainment facilities, and all living arrangements. In a densely populated city like Dhaka, the concept of microhome will be very timely for single and small single families. In the meantime, the concept of microhome has been implemented in various sectors including Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia, they also informed.
Minister of Housing and Public Works for the delegation said that Malaysia has very friendly relations with Bangladesh. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ensured all investment opportunities for foreign investors in Bangladesh on priority basis, the minster also encouraged.
The minister said that, the government is working to build more than 120 economic zones. Malaysian companies can invest in the Purbachal, Jhilmil and Turag projects of Rajuk. Besides, “We can move forward with specific suggestions,” minister Rezaul Karim added also.
Along with minister, RAJUK Chairman Dr. Sultan Ahmed, joint secretary of the Ministry of Housing and Public Works, Umma Salma Tanzia, project director of the Purbachal Ujjal Mallik and other officials of the ministry were also present in the meeting.
- ADB to provide US$ 540m for human resource development
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Premier Div Chess: Saif SC, Police share top slot
- Both Challengers, Thunder upbeat to start BPL with victory
- Brazilian president hails launching of Sino-Brazilian satellite
- 18th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- Turkey says ready to send troops to back Libya unity govt
- What should be said while entering house
- No room for anti-liberation forces in AL: Quader
- HC summons Sakhipur UNO, OC
- Int’l badminton tournament dedicating to Bangabandhu begins
- Two children drown in Kurigram
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- ECNEC okays 7 projects
- BBPL will miss Shakib: Russell
- Kamal urges all to engage more in tax, VAT payment
- 1mn more jobs in ICT sector within 5 yrs: Palak
- Enjoy BPL in 10 countries apart from Bangladesh
- NASA chief gets latest look at new moon rocket
- Miraz braces for two challenges in BBPL
- RAB detained 5 brokers from hospital
- The old man died of heart attack during buy onions
- Qatar`s Emir Sheikh Tamim skips Gulf summit in Saudi Arabia
- Suu Kyi sat frozen in ICJ
- Prisoner militants need deradicalization: IGP
- Myanmar must stop Rohingyas genocide: Gambia
- Recruitment notices on Shah & Associates
- GDP growth reaches 8.15pc
- ICJ hearing: Rohingya vs Suu Kyi supporters UN-court showdown
- Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies, aged 61
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- E-passport within 3 days!
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- US House passed sanctions on China over Uighur issue
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Storm over new black hole issue
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today