DU student rape
Majnu is a serial rapist: RAB
Published: 02:28 PM, 8 January 2020 Updated: 03:48 PM, 8 January 2020
Majnu, who raped a Dhaka University (DU) female student, is a serial rapist, said Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) on Wednesday.
Lieutenant Colonel Sarwar Bin Kashem, the director of the legal and media wing of RAB, confirmed the information at a press briefing at RAB's Media Center in capital's Karwan Bazar area this noon.
The RAB official said that in the primary interrogation, Majnu admitted his previous crimes including the rape of DU student. Majnu said that after the death of his wife he did not marry because of his economic condition. Since then, he has raped various disabled women and beggars. He is a drug addict.
According to the RAB, Majnu mainly targeted the mentally retarded women and raped them. Majnu told RAB, this is the first time he raped someone who was not disabled. On that day, he went to Kurmitola Hospital for treatment.
Earlier on Tuesday night, RAB arrested the rapist, 28, from Sheora rail crossing area in the capital after conducting an overnight drive last night. RAB also recovered victim's mobile phone, charger, bag, some other items belonging to her and torchlight.
Later, Lieutenant Colonel Sarwar Bin Kashem said that the photo of Majnu was shown to the victim. She identified him as a rapist.
According to RAB, rapist Majnu, hailing from Hatiya of Noakhali district, is a hawker by profession. He got involved in various crimes including mugging and stealing after the death of his wife. He came to Dhaka 10 years back.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar