Mahmudullah likely to back cricket after Jan 7
Published: 10:48 PM, 29 December 2019
Chattogram Challengers captain Mahmudullah is unlikely to join the side before January 7 as he is yet to recover from his hamstring injury that has been recurring, said the head coach Paul Nixon.
He is all set to miss the team’s next match against Cumilla Warriors on Tuesday and also would miss the Sylhet part of Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL).
Mahmudullah missed the first matches for his side in tournament due to the
injury that he sustained during the pink-ball Test against India in Kolkata in last November.
He returned to the side recovering from the injury but his association with the side was limited for just three matches, as he was injured again.
Imrul Kayes continued leading the side in absence of him and fared well but Nixon said the team still misses Mahmudullah’s service badly.
“I do not think that he will play the next game as he has the hamstring injury concern which is recurring. We wish him speedy recovery and he may be back on the January 7 or 8,” Nixon said.
“He played some matches with injury. In International cricket, the players always played with some sort of niggles. Mahmudullah pushed his body hard for three games in five days. You have to be respectful for that. When you push yourself, there is chance of niggle and injury,” he added.
Chattogram currently leads the point table in BBPL with 12 points from eight games and Nixon said it’s an achievement of the team that they continue to win the game despite the service of the captain.
“He is a high-class captain and high-class player. We will miss him. But to get win without our skipper, it’s a great achievement,” Nixon added.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks