Mahmudullah, Liton hit fifties
Published: 01:26 PM, 1 December 2018 Updated: 01:26 PM, 1 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Bangladesh went to lunch with 387 for six on Saturday adding 128 runs in the first session of the second day of the final Test of the series against visiting West Indies at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur.
Shakib Al Hasan stretched his 24th Test-fifty to 80 before being caught by Hope at slip off a Roach delivery that was moving away from him. This is the only wicket Bangladesh lost in the session.
With Mahmudullah Riad he added 111 runs in the sixth wicket stand, so far highest partnership of the innings.
After Shakib's removal, Mahmudullah and Liton Das added another 86 at the seventh wicket stand so far. Along the way, Mahmudullah hit his 16th Test-fifty, and Liton followed him with another 50-ball fifty.
Liton was not the part of the original team, but he earned a comeback call as a backup wicket-keeper due to an injury of Mushfiqur Rahim.
Brief score of innings 1st:
Bangladesh (259/5): Shadman 76, Shakib 55*, Mahmudullah 31.
West Indies: Devendra Bishoo 2/69, Shermon Lewis 1/35.
Playing XIs: Bangladesh: Shadman Islam, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Mohammad Mithun, Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Liton Das (wk), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam and Nayeem Hasan.
West Indies: Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), Devendra Bishoo, Kieran Powell, Roston Chase, Shai Hope, Shane Dowrich, Sunil Ambris, Shimron Hetmyer, Jomel Warrican, Kemar Roach and Shermon Lewis.
- Walking beyond political obstacles, challenges
- President, PM mourns death of Prof Muzaffar Ahmed
- Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United to play tonight
- Ivy Rahman`s 15th death anniv today
- Brazil sends army to tackle Amazon blazes
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- US-China trade war: Trump imposes furious tariff
- Nuclear Titanic: 1st Russ seaborne NPP
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- Hesson, Katich join IPL’s Bangalore franchise
- Prof Muzaffar Ahmed passes away
- 2 killed in Ctg road crash
- Bangladesh-Argentina agree to increase trade
- Life of Brian: Most blasphemous film ever
- France-Brazil deal halted over Amazon fires
- England 67 all out in third Ashes Test
- Seaside dam-road collapsed: No reform in 7 yrs
- 200 examiners to miss exam papers evaluation in Rajshahi
- Problems in rotting jute
- Amazon fires a global crisis says Macron
- President for communal harmony to attain development
- US-Russia trade barbs at UN over ‘new arms race’
- Language Movement veteran Dr MA Gafur dies
- Malta cultivation in Gauripur
- Six-year-old YouTube star buys $6.5mn property
- Bangladesh beat Bhutan by 5-2 in SAFF U-15 tie
- Ivy Rahman`s 15th death anniv tomorrow
- Jaya Ahsan in spectral character
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- A new milestone for Purnima
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- PEC exam schedule published
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- World Mosquito Day today
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites