Mahamudulllah hits ton as Bangladesh close to 500
Published: 02:48 PM, 1 December 2018 Updated: 02:48 PM, 1 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Right-handed all-rounder Mahmdullah Riyad did not miss the chance of hitting his third Test-ton in the second and final Test of the series against the visiting West Indies in Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on Saturday.
After Mahmdullah’s ton, Bangladesh posted 471 for eight at tea of the second day of the game. Shadman Islam, Shakib Al Hasan and Liton Das are the other batsmen who rolled over Windies bowlers in the innings.
Mahmudullah had to wait a long period of eight years to hit his second Test ton against Zimbabwe in the last Test of Bangladesh’s previous home series as he smashed his maiden one in 2008 against New Zealand.
But this time, Mahmudullah smashed two Test-tons in a span of three weeks.
Mahmudullah narrowly escaped a run-out at 98 when Windies fielders displayed a real mess in spite of having a golden chance to trap the batsman.
Along the way of hitting the third ton, Mahmudullah stretched a 55-runs stand with Taijul Islam at the ninth wicket. Taijul, the left-hander, also showed some glimpses of his batting ability once again. He scored 26 at tea of the second day.
The brief score of 1st innings: Bangladesh (259/5): Shadman 76, Shakib 55*, Mahmudullah 31.
West Indies: Devendra Bishoo 2/69, Shermon Lewis 1/35.
Playing XIs: Bangladesh: Shadman Islam, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Mohammad Mithun, Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Liton Das (wk), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam and Nayeem Hasan.
West Indies: Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), Devendra Bishoo, Kieran Powell, Roston Chase, Shai Hope, Shane Dowrich, Sunil Ambris, Shimron Hetmyer, Jomel Warrican, Kemar Roach and Shermon Lewis.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC