Madrid must be united and move together
Published: 06:49 PM, 26 February 2019
Barcelona are Real Madrid's next two opponents as Los Blancos look to take on their most challenging week of the season so far, first meeting their bitter rivals in the Copa del Rey semi-finals before hosting them in LaLiga Santander.
Santiago Solari has turned things around in the capital and Dani Carvajal and Marco Asensio are looking forward to the game, while calling for their teammates to be ready for a crucial night on Wednesday.
"We know that this is a very important time for us," Asensio said to betting company Codere.
"Now is when we have to give everything in the competitions we're in.
"The team has to be united and to row as one to make sure the results come as they have in previous years.
"A testing week awaits Los Blancos with Barcelona visiting the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu twice and the forward has called on the team to be alert from the first minute.
"We have to be strong from the start," Asensio explained.
"With the support of our fans at home we will give our all to try to win the game from the first minute.
"The cup is the only trophy I haven't won with Madrid so I am especially excited.
"Dani Carvajal also looked ahead to the double header with Barcelona, first focusing on the Copa del Rey semi-final second leg."We feel good,' he said.
"We have a good result [1-1 from the first leg] and we want to go to the final so we will give everything.
"It's a game that is watched all over the world. It's a special match and we hope the result is favourable for us."
- Youth killed over bike collision with tree
- Father hides son on suspicion of coronavirus infection
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- Smoking in the office, use contractors’ cars!
- Youth lynched in Bagerhat
- Biker killed on way to relative’s funeral
- Barapukuria Coal Mine graft case: Hearing on Mar 29
- 3 members of Rohingya trafficking gang held
- ‘Digital’ irregularities in digital machine
- Whomever you voted, I am Chief Minister of all: Kejriwal
- Absconding murder accused arrested after 29 yrs
- US not to take back its 40 corona affected nationals
- Housewife commits suicide over family dispute
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- One victim of Narayanganj gas fire dies
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Gunmen attack in church kills 10
- Traffic resumes on Bangabandhu Bridge
- Rs 49 lakh fake note seized in capital, 8 held
- Jahanara finds way to do well in Australia
- Mashrafe walks to DU
- Abrar murder: Hearing deferred again
- Special event for ‘Concert for Bangladesh’
- India castoffs UN mediation proposal on Kashmir
- Ctg’s 5 flights landed in Dhaka
- Nine drug users shot dead in Afghan
- Separation can causes death
- St. Martin trawler capsize: Two more bodies recovered
- All News »
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Soumya to get married this month
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Soumya with future wife
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Uniform entry test in public universities from this year
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500