Madrid must be united and move together
Published: 06:49 PM, 26 February 2019
Barcelona are Real Madrid's next two opponents as Los Blancos look to take on their most challenging week of the season so far, first meeting their bitter rivals in the Copa del Rey semi-finals before hosting them in LaLiga Santander.
Santiago Solari has turned things around in the capital and Dani Carvajal and Marco Asensio are looking forward to the game, while calling for their teammates to be ready for a crucial night on Wednesday.
"We know that this is a very important time for us," Asensio said to betting company Codere.
"Now is when we have to give everything in the competitions we're in.
"The team has to be united and to row as one to make sure the results come as they have in previous years.
"A testing week awaits Los Blancos with Barcelona visiting the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu twice and the forward has called on the team to be alert from the first minute.
"We have to be strong from the start," Asensio explained.
"With the support of our fans at home we will give our all to try to win the game from the first minute.
"The cup is the only trophy I haven't won with Madrid so I am especially excited.
"Dani Carvajal also looked ahead to the double header with Barcelona, first focusing on the Copa del Rey semi-final second leg."We feel good,' he said.
"We have a good result [1-1 from the first leg] and we want to go to the final so we will give everything.
"It's a game that is watched all over the world. It's a special match and we hope the result is favourable for us."
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- Temperature may rise over country
- Army ready to tackle flood: Army Chief
- PM flags off ‘Benapole Express’
- No students passed in 41 colleges
- US bans Myanmar army chief over Rohingya ‘ethnic cleansing’
- Death toll climbs to 5 after quake in eastern Indonesia
- Quader’s follow-up checkup after surgery completed
- This years’ results good, acceptable: PM
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Worker died as fell down from Rooppur Project’s const building
- How to get HSC result
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Technical Board attains 82.62pc pass rate
- Madrasah Board attains 88.56pc pass rate
- 47,286 gets GPA-5
- Pass rate 73.93 pc
- HSC results handed over to PM
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ today
- 2 drug traders killed in gunfight with BGB
- HSC exam results today
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- Man gets life term for raping teenager in Kurigram
- 10 dead, many trapped in Mumbai building collapse
- Why Patience is a Virtue?
- Mobile healthcare for flood victims
- Why railway crossing ‘death trap’?
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- DU admission test in new method
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat