‘Made in Bangladesh Strategy’ on the cards
Published: 11:16 PM, 8 January 2020
The government is devising a ‘Made in Bangladesh Strategy’ for the ICT sector to create large-scale employment and open up a window for nearly half a million students who secure graduation degree each year to enter the job market.
The Leveraging ICT for Growth and Employment of the IT-ITES Industry Project (LICT) of BCC under ICT division has already prepared a draft putting emphasize especially on purchasing locally made digital devices, software and IT-ITES services by the government.
“Made in Bangladesh Strategy is being introduced with an ultimate goal to formulate `Made in Bangladesh Policy’ to create large-scale employment and opportunity especially for the 5 lakh students who secure graduation each year,” said State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak.
He said the strategy for the ICT sector will help expanding the country’s ICT industry and creating large-scale employment at a time when the government is taking preparation to face the challenges of fourth industrial revolution.
“The strategy will not only help branding Bangladeshi ICT products abroad but also awaken patriotism among the people to buy locally made products,” Palak said.
ICT Secretary N M Zeaul Alam said in the journey towards implementation of Digital Bangladesh the government has created an ICT ecosystem to flourish ICT sector.
“The strategy will create an opportunity to procure locally made products including digital devices and software by the government,” he said adding the local industries are producing quality software and exporting to over 85 countries.
Executive Director of Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC) Parthapratim Deb said they have been taking opinions of the stakeholders including experts, industry leaders and academia through holding workshop to enrich the strategy.
Several more workshops will be held in this regard before finalizing the strategy, he added.
IT-ITES Policy Adviser of LICT Project Sami Ahmed said the experts, industry leaders and academia have already put forward few suggestions at a meeting held at the conference room of LICT last week and the strategy is expected to be finalized within a couple of months.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks