MP Firoz Rashid’s daughter-in-law Merina shot
Published: 02:28 PM, 8 July 2019 Updated: 02:32 PM, 8 July 2019
Jatiya Party MP Kazi Firoz Rashid’s daughter-in-law Merina Shoaib is undergoing treatment at the hospital with bullet injuries. She is currently admitted at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the capital’s Labaid Hospital.
The bullets that were shot from the firearm is registered under the name of her husband. Police and hospital sources confirmed the information.
“Merina was shot at around 9:30 pm on Sunday. The bullets were out of stomach after surgery in the hospital at night,” said Abdullahil Kafi, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police of Dhanmondi circle.
“It is not able to say that Merina is out of danger. She is currently in ICU,” said Saifur Rahman, Assistant General Manager of Labaid Hospital.
Police sources said that Merina was separated from her husband for three years. However, she lived in MP Firoz Rashid’s Dhanmondi residence with her two children. On Sunday night, she shot herself with MP’s son licensed arms. After that MP took daughter-in-law to the hospital. The case has not been filed yet.
Police said that Merina’s mother-in-law, her son, daughter, and servants were at home during she was shot.
Sirajul Islam Patwary, father of Merina Shoaib, said the pistol was his son-in-law’s. “But there is a doubt about it. No girl commits suicide as a hobby. The girl was in pain. I heard that the son-in-law had married another. Although husband and wife were staying together, they did not have the same initiative,” he added.
When contacted Merina’s husband Kazi Shoaib Rashid, he could not be found. One who identified himself as his employee said that Shoaib went out without cell phone.
Police have collected fingerprints from the weapon and CCTV footage around the house. However, more details on the matter are not yet known.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future