Local govt asked to work impartially during polls
Published: 08:24 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:24 PM, 27 November 2018
The officials and employees of the local government institutions including the union council, Pourashava, City Corporation, district council, and the upazila council have been asked to work impartially and not to participate in the election campaign and its related activities at its particular areas.
The local government division under the Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives said this while releasing executive orders on Monday (November 19) which would remain effective till 15 days after the elections.
Under the order, the local government institutes have asked not to undertake and implement any development scheme which may use in favor of getting vote or campaign for any particular candidate during the polls.
Even the local government institutions will not give or provide any assurance of grants to any particular person or organizations which would influence the vote or campaign of any particular candidate.
The Offices, transports and other properties belonging to the local government institutions would never be used in favor of elections campaign for any particular candidates, according to the ministry release.
The officials and employees of the local government institutions have been asked not to participate in election works or campaign in favor of any particular candidates.
But the local government will provide cooperation to the particular authority for any other election works if they needed including construction of polling centers.
On the other hand, the elected representatives of the local government institutions will not use their portfolios or government facilities for election purpose of any other candidates, the government order said.
The government will take action against the particular local government institutions if they fail or show any kind of negligence with regard to the discharging their responsibilities.
- U-19 CWC: Japan faces India today
- Drug trader killed in Khilkhet gunfight
- 3 consecutive rocket attack near US Embassy
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- Science-Technology Fair begins in Adamdighi
- 3 brother detained for stabbing elder
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- DU expels 63 students for life
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU