Local govt asked to work impartially during polls
Published: 08:24 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:24 PM, 27 November 2018
The officials and employees of the local government institutions including the union council, Pourashava, City Corporation, district council, and the upazila council have been asked to work impartially and not to participate in the election campaign and its related activities at its particular areas.
The local government division under the Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives said this while releasing executive orders on Monday (November 19) which would remain effective till 15 days after the elections.
Under the order, the local government institutes have asked not to undertake and implement any development scheme which may use in favor of getting vote or campaign for any particular candidate during the polls.
Even the local government institutions will not give or provide any assurance of grants to any particular person or organizations which would influence the vote or campaign of any particular candidate.
The Offices, transports and other properties belonging to the local government institutions would never be used in favor of elections campaign for any particular candidates, according to the ministry release.
The officials and employees of the local government institutions have been asked not to participate in election works or campaign in favor of any particular candidates.
But the local government will provide cooperation to the particular authority for any other election works if they needed including construction of polling centers.
On the other hand, the elected representatives of the local government institutions will not use their portfolios or government facilities for election purpose of any other candidates, the government order said.
The government will take action against the particular local government institutions if they fail or show any kind of negligence with regard to the discharging their responsibilities.
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Trump walks out on Democrats in fury over Russia probe
- Aspirin `safe` for brain-bleed strokes
- Why N Korea called Biden an `imbecile`
- Record groundnut output makes farmers happy
- Two electrocuted in Bagerhat
- Voting on suspended 5 upazila on June 18
- Both BPL football matches end in draw
- Formation of the moon brought water to Earth
- Indo-Bangla ties to remain same whoever elected in India: Quader
- Saudi to execute 3 prominent scholars after Ramadan
- BB enhances usance period for raw materials import
- India’s EC rejects ballot tampering allegation
- US to legalize human composting
- Double duty to deject rice import
- HC for installation of fire extinguishers in all motor vehicles
- PM instructed to probe ‘fire in paddy field’
- Mashrafe leaves Dhaka to join team in England
- Shemai maker busy before Eid in Dinajpur
- Shakib reclaims top spot in ODI all-rounder rankings
- Bengal tiger number rises in Sundarbans
- Pakistani children worst affected in HIV outbreak
- Du’a of Intent to Fast and Breaking it
- `Papaya Juice` in Iftar
- UN to honor 12 Bangladeshi peacekeepers
- HC expressed anger over Greenline’s apathy
- Six dead in Indonesia post-election unrest
- Highest power generation recorded
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader returns home this evening
- Quader to join his office today
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- President reaches London
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Today’s sports on TV
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina prayed like mother: Quader
- Saudi Arabia to provide PR green card