Local govt asked to work impartially during polls
Published: 08:24 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:24 PM, 27 November 2018
The officials and employees of the local government institutions including the union council, Pourashava, City Corporation, district council, and the upazila council have been asked to work impartially and not to participate in the election campaign and its related activities at its particular areas.
The local government division under the Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives said this while releasing executive orders on Monday (November 19) which would remain effective till 15 days after the elections.
Under the order, the local government institutes have asked not to undertake and implement any development scheme which may use in favor of getting vote or campaign for any particular candidate during the polls.
Even the local government institutions will not give or provide any assurance of grants to any particular person or organizations which would influence the vote or campaign of any particular candidate.
The Offices, transports and other properties belonging to the local government institutions would never be used in favor of elections campaign for any particular candidates, according to the ministry release.
The officials and employees of the local government institutions have been asked not to participate in election works or campaign in favor of any particular candidates.
But the local government will provide cooperation to the particular authority for any other election works if they needed including construction of polling centers.
On the other hand, the elected representatives of the local government institutions will not use their portfolios or government facilities for election purpose of any other candidates, the government order said.
The government will take action against the particular local government institutions if they fail or show any kind of negligence with regard to the discharging their responsibilities.
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Students’ council formed in 8,684 schools
- Fire broke in Cumilla Moon Hospital
- ‘Chemical’ evidence found in Churihatta fire incident
- Wazed Mia works for humanity: Speaker
- Ultra-processed foods links cancer risk
- 10 shops gutted in Melandaha
- None would be able to destroy Bengali culture: PM
- Kartoa land more fertile for tea: Experts
- BNP’s anti-govt comts over city fire improper: Hasan
- Chelsea banned from signing new players
- W.House to keep 200 troops in Syria
- Kartoa Valley land more fertile for tea cultivation: Experts
- Pres at doa for Chawkbazar victims
- DNA samples collected to identify charred bodies
- `Govt instructs to shift godowns from old Dhaka`
- Saudi crown prince meets Chinese president, bags oil deal
- 80 grave ready in Azimpur
- Venezuela seals border
- Unknown panic in Bilchandak!
- Mosquitos killed more humans than all wars
- Dipu Moni emphasizes on lifelong learning for sustainable dev
- No gate keeper in rail crossing
- 7.5 quake hits Peru-Ecuador border
- World`s largest bee found in INDO
- Youth hacked dead in Gazipur
- Chawkbazar fire: Chandpur`s 2 dead
- Kulkhani and Doa Mahfil tomorrow
- ‘Uro Megher Boshonto’ of Nilanjana Neela
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP