Locadia’s late penalty sends Hoffenheim second in Bundesliga
Published: 01:22 PM, 9 November 2019
Hoffenheim moved to second place in the Bundesliga on Friday as they beat Cologne 2-1 for a club record sixth straight victory in all competitions thanks to Juergen Locadia’s injury time penalty.
Jhon Cordoba opened the scoring for the hosts before Sargis Adamyan and Locadia’s second half efforts lifted Alfred Schreuder two points below leaders Borussia Moenchengladbach.
Schreuder made one change from last weekend’s victory over Paderborn with Stefan Posch taking Kevin Akpoguma’s place in defence.
Achim Beierlorzer’s outfit remain in 17th spot with only two wins all season despite handing attacker Cordoba just his second league start of the season.
Colombian Cordoba repaid the faith shown in him by the Billy Goats’ coach Beierlorzer to claim his second goal in three appearances.
Attacking midfielder Louis Schaub laid-off to Cordoba at the edge of the box and the 26-year-old struck home.
In-form Hoffenheim responded three minutes into the second-half.
Defensive midfielder Sebastian Rudy chipped the ball to the path of Adamyan inside the penalty area and the Armenia winger side-footed on the volley to equalize.
Hoffenheim’s winner came after seven minutes of additional time as Dutch youth international Locadia scored his third goal of the season with a penalty after referee Robert Kampa had checked the decision with VAR.
Saturday’s action sees manager less Bayern Munich host Borussia Dortmund in the champions’ first league game since Niko Kovac was sacked last weekend’s 5-1 drubbing at Eintracht Frankfurt.
League leaders Moenchegladbach welcome Werder Bremen on Sunday with French forward Marcus Thuram looking to score for a fifth straight match after netting an injury-time winner in the Europa League against Roma midweek.
- Two injured as onion-loaded truck turnover
- Bangladesh started practice for pink-ball Test
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Australia bans Pattinson from Pakistan Test
- No question leak reported
- Bubly’s ‘Casino’
- Two banned cricketers in BPL draft
- Dead body recovered from Adabor
- PSC examinee killed in Dinajpur road accident
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- HC to intervene to cut onion prices
- Verdict in Holey Artisan attack case Nov 27
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft this evening
- 2 Rohingya drug traders killed in gunfight
- Tougher actions against onion price hikers: Hasan
- HC rules over forming independent prosecution service commission
- Wall separates madrasah-temple
- Happy birthday Runa Laila
- Cauliflower Musollam
- 58 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- Quader sought students’ help for discipline on road
- Bus ditched in Kamalnagar: 25 injured
- Samrat on 6-day fresh remand
- Retirement age of FFs remains 60
- Dry weather likely till tomorrow morning
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- Rajapaksa set to become Sri Lanka president
- 5 including children killed in California domestic violence
- Folk Fest ends making melody in heart
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- After ‘Bulbul’, now cyclone ‘Nakri’ forming in Bay
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Rogue "Bin Laden" elephant that killed 5 caught in Assam
- Tuesday’s JSC-JDC exam suspended
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Bulbul to cross Satkhira early Sunday
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- A single bad work can spoil 10 good works: Quader
- Bolivian President resigns amid fraud poll protests
- Tigers opt to bat
- State of emergency declared in fire-hit Australia
- Shaheed Nur Hossain Day observed
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- 3 including loco master, director of Turna suspended
- Afghanistan faces Windies in 3rd ODI today
- Tigers’ dream shattered