Liton Das recalled in Bangladesh squad as backup keeper
Published: 02:58 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 02:59 PM, 29 November 2018
Right-handed top-order batsman Liton Das has been recalled to the Bangladesh squad as a backup wicket-keeper for the 2nd and final Test of ongoing West Indies series which will begin at Shere-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Friday.
Mushfiqur Rahim, the regular wicket-keeper of Bangladesh, sustained injuries on his right thumb on Wednesday, and that's why the team management called Liton as his backup.
“Mushfiqurbhai got injured during a practice session yesterday, so, we have to think about a replacement for him,” Shakib Al Hasan, the Bangladesh Test captain, said in the pre-match press conference.
Liton last played for Bangladesh in the last Test series against Zimbabwe. But the right-handed batsman failed to impress as he scored 47 in four innings while collapsing under two-digit thrice.
“If Mushfiqur Rahim fails to keep the wicket, Liton might take over the role. But it is undecided where he will bat. I think it will not be an easy task for him to bat at the top of the order with keeping for a long time,” Shakib further said regarding the inclusion of Liton.
BCB chief physician Debashish Chowdhury said Mushfiaur's injury is not something to be worried about.
“Mushfiqur was hurt during a net session today (Wednesday) and we have done an X-ray as a precaution. We found no fracture here. So, I think there is nothing to worry about his participation in the next match,” Said Debashish.
- U-19 CWC: Japan faces India today
- Drug trader killed in Khilkhet gunfight
- 3 consecutive rocket attack near US Embassy
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- Science-Technology Fair begins in Adamdighi
- 3 brother detained for stabbing elder
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- DU expels 63 students for life
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU