Ershad to be candidate for Sylhet seat
List of hundred JP candidates finalized
Published: 05:19 PM, 1 October 2018 Updated: 05:19 PM, 1 October 2018
Jatiya Party Chairman and former President Hussein Muhammad Ershad finalized the party's candidate list for preparing for the upcoming general elections. Besides, the team has also been preparing for a single election. And for that, the Chairman of Jatiya Party also finalized another candidate list.
According to the candidate list, Ershad is going to contest the Sylhet seat as he promised. Besides, he will also compete in one seat in Dhaka and Rangpur. On the other hand, opposition leader and Senior Vice-Chairman of the party, Rowshan Ershad will compete in her district in Mymensingh seat. Besides, Ershad’s younger brother, former minister and co-Chairman of the party, GM Quader will contest from Lalmonirhat-3 constituency. Ershad is also nominating his nephew Major Khaled Akhtar from one seat of Lalmonirhat. He has been nominated for the first time.
From Ershad’s 100 candidates list, 7 to 8 seats have been given to Jatiya Party-led coalition’s alliance. However, there are four leaders including Jatiya Coalition leader and Islami Front Chairman, General-Secretary are also in the list for 4 seats including Chattogram and Noakhali. Besides, the remaining seats are allocated for the Islamic grand alliance and BNN.
In the candidate list, Ershad has given attention to the young leaders. In most cases, young and former student leaders have been selected. However, Ershad and Rowshan are close to the top leaders of the list. Some former and current student leaders have been dropped.
According to the list, advocate Salma Islam from Dhaka-1 constituency, Syed Abu Hossain Babla from Dhaka-4, Kazi Firoz Rashid from Dhaka-6 and Hussein Muhammad Ershad from Dhaka-17, are the candidates for the 11th national election.
In the Gazipur-2 SM Newajuddin, Narsingdi-2 Azam Khan, Narsingdi-4 Newaj Ali Bhuiyan, Manikganj-2 Syed Abdul Mannan, Manikganj-3 Dhaka city leader Jahirul Alam Rubel are being nominated.
Rowshan Ershad from Mymensingh-4 seat, Mymensingh-5 Salahuddin Ahmed Mukti, Mymensingh-8 Fakhrul Imam, Mymensingh-10 Qari Habibullah Belali, Kishoreganj-2 Syed Saadrul Ullah Maju, Kishoreganj-3 Majibul Haque Chunnu (State Minister), Narayanganj-1 constituency Saiful Islam, Narayanganj-3 Liakat Hossain Khoka, Narayanganj-4 Selim Osman, Munshiganj-1 Advocate Sheikh Sirajul Islam, Munshiganj-2 Md. Noman Mia, Pirjada Shafiullah Al Monir of Tangail-5 constituency, Khandker Habibur Rahman Bachchu in Rajbari-1 constituency, Abul Hossain in Rajbari-2 constituency, SM Yahya in Faridpur-3 constituency, MA Sattar of Jamalpur-3, Engineer Mamunur Rashid from Jamalpur-4, MD. Elias from Sherpur-1 and Netrokona-5 seats Jasim Uddin Bhuiyan has been placed on the list of candidates.
Island Seats Chattogram-3 (Sandeep) Upazila Chairman MA Salam, Chattogram-4 Allama MA Mannan (Islamic Front), Chattogram-5 Barrister Anisul Islam Mahmud (Current Forest and Environment Minister), Chattogram-9 Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu, Chattogram-12 MA Matin (Islami Front), former mayor Mahmudul Islam Chowdhury of Chattogram-16, Maulvi Mohammad Elias in Cox’s Bazar-1 constituency , Cox’s Bazar-2 Alhaj Mohammad Mohibullah. Noakhali-1 constituency Alhaj Abu Nasser Waheed Faruq (Islamic Grand Alliance), Noakhali-2 Fazle Elahi Sohag, Noakhali-4 Mobarak Hossain Azad, Mohammad Noman of Laxmipur-2, Rintu Anwar in the Feni-3 constituency.
Cumilla-2 constituency Amir Hossain Bhuiyan, Cumilla-4 professor Iqbal Hossain Raju, Cumilla-8 Narul Islam Milon, Cumilla-9 ATM Alamgir, Cumilla-11 HNM Shafiqur Rahman, Chandpur-1 seats Emdadul Haque Ruman, Chandpur-2 Md Emran Hossain Mia, Chandpur-5 Maulana Mohammad Abu Sufian al-Kaderi (Islamic Grand Alliance), Advocate Islam Uddin Dulal (Islamic Front) from Brahmanbaria-1, Brahmanbaria-2, Ziaul Haque Mridha, Brahmanbaria-3 Advocate Rezaul Islam Bhuiyan.
Meanwhile, Ershad has brought several changes in his Rangpur district. In Rangpur-1 Moshiur Rahman Ranga (State Minister for Rural Development and Co-operatives), Rangpur-2 Professor Asaduzzaman Chowdhury Sablu, Rangpur-3 Hussein Muhammad Ershad, Rangpur-4 Mustafa Selim Bengal, Rangpur-5 Fakruzzaman Jahangir, Rangpur-6 Nure Alam Jadu, Kurigram-1 Mostafizur Rahman, Kurigram-2 Paniruddin Ahmed, Kurigram-3 Dr. Akkas Ali, Kurigram-4 Professor Yunus Ali, Lalmonirhat-1 constituency Major Khaled Akhter, Lalmonirhat-2 Rokon Uddin Babul, Lalmonirhat-3 Golam Mohammad Quader, Nilphamari -1 Jafar Iqbal Siddiqui, Nilphamari-2 Sajjad Parvez, Nilphamari-4 Md. Shawkat Chowdhury, Barrister Shamim Haider Patwari of Gaibandha-1, Gaibandha-2 Abdur Rashid Sarker, Gaibandha-3 Barrister Dilara Khandker.
On the other hand, in Rajshahi, many seats have been unchanged for candidates. Rajshahi-3 seats Shahbuddin Bachchu, Rajshahi-5 professor Md. Abul Hossain, Naogaon-3 Advocate Tofazzal Hossain, Nator-2 Mujibur Rahman Centu, Natore-4 Professor Alauddin Mridha, Sirajganj-2 Aminul Islam Jhantu, Pabna-2 Makul Hossain Santo, Chapainawabganj-2 Md. Ismail Azad, Bogra-2 Shafiqul Islam Jinnah, Bogra-6 Nurul Islam Omar, Joypurhat-1, ASM Moctadir Titas, Joypurhat-2 Kazi Abul Kashem Ripon, Thakurgaon-1 Rezaur Raji Swapan Chowdhury, Thakurgaon-3 Hafizuddin, Dinajpur-6 seats Md. Delwar Hossain.
Sylhet is the most discussed of Ershad’s list of candidates. In the Sylhet-1 constituency, Ershad himself saved the previous promise made by the candidate himself. “As the current MP of the Finance Minister AMA Muhith does not make any election, the party’s important seat for the Grand Alliance has been given green signal,” party sources said.
Besides, Sylhet-2 seats, Yahya Chowdhury, Sylhet-3 Osman Ali Chairman, Sylhet-4 ATU Taj Rahman, Sylhet-5 Md. Salim Uddin. Sunamganj-4 Pir Fazlur Raman Mizbah, Jahangir Alam of Sunamganj-5, Abdul Munim Chowdhury Babu of Habiganj-1, Habiganj-3 Atikur Rahman Atiq, Former MP Golam Kibria Tipu from Divisional City Barisal-3 constituency, Barisal-6 Nasrin Jahan Ratna, ABM Ruhul Amin Hawlader in Patuakhali-1 constituency, Alhaj Nazrul Islam in Pirojpur-1 constituency, Pirojpur-3 Dr. Rustam Ali Farazi
Sunil Shuvo Roy, journalist of Ershad Press and Political Secretary, is being nominated in Khulna-1 constituency. Shafiqul Islam Madhu of Khulna-3 constituency, Syed Didar Bakht and Ershad’s cabinet member from Satkhira-1, Sekander Ali Moni (BNA) of Bagerhat-3, Shahriar Jamil Jewel from Kushtia-1, Sumon Ashraf in Kushtia-4, Advocate Sohrab Hossain in Chuadanga-1, Jashore-4 Lt. Commander retired Sabbir Ahmed, Nuruddin Ahmed in Jhenaidah-2 constituency and Advocate Hasan Siraj Shuja in Magura-1 constituency.
Meanwhile, some of the leaders of the JP chairman and senior co-chairman have been dropped. It has many popular and strong candidates. Among them, the most important member of the Ershad and Rowshan seats in the Dhaka-5 constituency and former student and youth leader Mir Abdus Sabur Asud.
Besides, Professor Delwar Hossain of Dhaka-Sabujbagh constituency, Solaiman Alam Sheth in Khagrachari, Ghulam Masih (present ambassador of Saudi Arabia) and Abul Kasem of Tangail, Sonargaon seat of Narayanganj. Saidur Rahman Tapa from Faridpur, Shafiqul Islam Sentu in Dhaka-Mohammadpur constituency, Faisal Chisti, Saifuddin Ahmed Milon, Kazi Mamun (B Bariya), Nazma Akhter (Feni), Somnath Dey, and among others were excluded.
Among the vice-chairmen, Zahirul Islam Zahir (Tangail), Nurul Islam Nuru, Sardar Shajahan (Pabna), Arif Khan (Manikganj), Shamsul Alam Master (Patiya of Chattogram), Morshed Murad Ibrahim (Chattogram), Alamgir Sikder Liton (Narayanganj), former student leader Nasim Osman’s wife Parvin Osman, Women Secretary Ananya Hossain Mousumi (Sonargaon), Joint Secretary General of the party Golam Mohammad Raju, Ashraf Mostafa Rahman Mostak (Mirpur of Dhaka), former student leader Belal Hossain, former president of the student front Iftekhar Hasan Ahsan, Secretary Mizanur Rahman Miru, late Presidium member and cultural personality Fakir Ashraf, Vice Chairman Asma Ashraf (Netrokona) has been dropped from the list of the one hundred seats.
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- People throng book fair ignoring gloomy weather
- Real suffer shock home loss to Girona
- Student organisations remain at variance over DUCSU polls
- Saudi crown prince reaches Pakistan amid tension
- Shanaya Kapoor takes first step in Bollywood
- `India shouldn`t play against Pakistan in WC 2019`
- Maqbul Ahmed resigns from Jamaat
- Lights in Hili
- Fuel price hike cause UK’s airline end
- Collective efforts need to mitigate urban poverty
- `2000 edu institutions to be brought under MPO soon`
- Nirab murder: accused arrested
- Hearing on Jamaat’s appeal soon: AG
- Bogura AL President Momtaz Uddin dies
- Mahmudullah, Boult fined by ICC
- PM at IDEX inaugural in Abu Dhabi
- Sightly lake fascinates visitors
- RU to observe Dr Zoha day tomorrow
- Messi scores one penalty out of two in win
- Ebola kills nearly 100 children
- CORR fall not at expected level yet: ACC Chm
- School banking to create savings habit
- Japan PM nominated Trump for Nobel
- Bangladeshi killed in Saudi Arabia road crash
- Manna’s 11th death anniv today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- ‘All parties not taking part in UZ polls disappointing’
- 32 grenades recovered in Khulna
- ‘Sagar-Runi’ Murder report delay for 63rd time
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’