Ershad to be candidate for Sylhet seat
List of hundred JP candidates finalized
Published: 05:19 PM, 1 October 2018 Updated: 05:19 PM, 1 October 2018
Jatiya Party Chairman and former President Hussein Muhammad Ershad finalized the party's candidate list for preparing for the upcoming general elections. Besides, the team has also been preparing for a single election. And for that, the Chairman of Jatiya Party also finalized another candidate list.
According to the candidate list, Ershad is going to contest the Sylhet seat as he promised. Besides, he will also compete in one seat in Dhaka and Rangpur. On the other hand, opposition leader and Senior Vice-Chairman of the party, Rowshan Ershad will compete in her district in Mymensingh seat. Besides, Ershad’s younger brother, former minister and co-Chairman of the party, GM Quader will contest from Lalmonirhat-3 constituency. Ershad is also nominating his nephew Major Khaled Akhtar from one seat of Lalmonirhat. He has been nominated for the first time.
From Ershad’s 100 candidates list, 7 to 8 seats have been given to Jatiya Party-led coalition’s alliance. However, there are four leaders including Jatiya Coalition leader and Islami Front Chairman, General-Secretary are also in the list for 4 seats including Chattogram and Noakhali. Besides, the remaining seats are allocated for the Islamic grand alliance and BNN.
In the candidate list, Ershad has given attention to the young leaders. In most cases, young and former student leaders have been selected. However, Ershad and Rowshan are close to the top leaders of the list. Some former and current student leaders have been dropped.
According to the list, advocate Salma Islam from Dhaka-1 constituency, Syed Abu Hossain Babla from Dhaka-4, Kazi Firoz Rashid from Dhaka-6 and Hussein Muhammad Ershad from Dhaka-17, are the candidates for the 11th national election.
In the Gazipur-2 SM Newajuddin, Narsingdi-2 Azam Khan, Narsingdi-4 Newaj Ali Bhuiyan, Manikganj-2 Syed Abdul Mannan, Manikganj-3 Dhaka city leader Jahirul Alam Rubel are being nominated.
Rowshan Ershad from Mymensingh-4 seat, Mymensingh-5 Salahuddin Ahmed Mukti, Mymensingh-8 Fakhrul Imam, Mymensingh-10 Qari Habibullah Belali, Kishoreganj-2 Syed Saadrul Ullah Maju, Kishoreganj-3 Majibul Haque Chunnu (State Minister), Narayanganj-1 constituency Saiful Islam, Narayanganj-3 Liakat Hossain Khoka, Narayanganj-4 Selim Osman, Munshiganj-1 Advocate Sheikh Sirajul Islam, Munshiganj-2 Md. Noman Mia, Pirjada Shafiullah Al Monir of Tangail-5 constituency, Khandker Habibur Rahman Bachchu in Rajbari-1 constituency, Abul Hossain in Rajbari-2 constituency, SM Yahya in Faridpur-3 constituency, MA Sattar of Jamalpur-3, Engineer Mamunur Rashid from Jamalpur-4, MD. Elias from Sherpur-1 and Netrokona-5 seats Jasim Uddin Bhuiyan has been placed on the list of candidates.
Island Seats Chattogram-3 (Sandeep) Upazila Chairman MA Salam, Chattogram-4 Allama MA Mannan (Islamic Front), Chattogram-5 Barrister Anisul Islam Mahmud (Current Forest and Environment Minister), Chattogram-9 Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu, Chattogram-12 MA Matin (Islami Front), former mayor Mahmudul Islam Chowdhury of Chattogram-16, Maulvi Mohammad Elias in Cox’s Bazar-1 constituency , Cox’s Bazar-2 Alhaj Mohammad Mohibullah. Noakhali-1 constituency Alhaj Abu Nasser Waheed Faruq (Islamic Grand Alliance), Noakhali-2 Fazle Elahi Sohag, Noakhali-4 Mobarak Hossain Azad, Mohammad Noman of Laxmipur-2, Rintu Anwar in the Feni-3 constituency.
Cumilla-2 constituency Amir Hossain Bhuiyan, Cumilla-4 professor Iqbal Hossain Raju, Cumilla-8 Narul Islam Milon, Cumilla-9 ATM Alamgir, Cumilla-11 HNM Shafiqur Rahman, Chandpur-1 seats Emdadul Haque Ruman, Chandpur-2 Md Emran Hossain Mia, Chandpur-5 Maulana Mohammad Abu Sufian al-Kaderi (Islamic Grand Alliance), Advocate Islam Uddin Dulal (Islamic Front) from Brahmanbaria-1, Brahmanbaria-2, Ziaul Haque Mridha, Brahmanbaria-3 Advocate Rezaul Islam Bhuiyan.
Meanwhile, Ershad has brought several changes in his Rangpur district. In Rangpur-1 Moshiur Rahman Ranga (State Minister for Rural Development and Co-operatives), Rangpur-2 Professor Asaduzzaman Chowdhury Sablu, Rangpur-3 Hussein Muhammad Ershad, Rangpur-4 Mustafa Selim Bengal, Rangpur-5 Fakruzzaman Jahangir, Rangpur-6 Nure Alam Jadu, Kurigram-1 Mostafizur Rahman, Kurigram-2 Paniruddin Ahmed, Kurigram-3 Dr. Akkas Ali, Kurigram-4 Professor Yunus Ali, Lalmonirhat-1 constituency Major Khaled Akhter, Lalmonirhat-2 Rokon Uddin Babul, Lalmonirhat-3 Golam Mohammad Quader, Nilphamari -1 Jafar Iqbal Siddiqui, Nilphamari-2 Sajjad Parvez, Nilphamari-4 Md. Shawkat Chowdhury, Barrister Shamim Haider Patwari of Gaibandha-1, Gaibandha-2 Abdur Rashid Sarker, Gaibandha-3 Barrister Dilara Khandker.
On the other hand, in Rajshahi, many seats have been unchanged for candidates. Rajshahi-3 seats Shahbuddin Bachchu, Rajshahi-5 professor Md. Abul Hossain, Naogaon-3 Advocate Tofazzal Hossain, Nator-2 Mujibur Rahman Centu, Natore-4 Professor Alauddin Mridha, Sirajganj-2 Aminul Islam Jhantu, Pabna-2 Makul Hossain Santo, Chapainawabganj-2 Md. Ismail Azad, Bogra-2 Shafiqul Islam Jinnah, Bogra-6 Nurul Islam Omar, Joypurhat-1, ASM Moctadir Titas, Joypurhat-2 Kazi Abul Kashem Ripon, Thakurgaon-1 Rezaur Raji Swapan Chowdhury, Thakurgaon-3 Hafizuddin, Dinajpur-6 seats Md. Delwar Hossain.
Sylhet is the most discussed of Ershad’s list of candidates. In the Sylhet-1 constituency, Ershad himself saved the previous promise made by the candidate himself. “As the current MP of the Finance Minister AMA Muhith does not make any election, the party’s important seat for the Grand Alliance has been given green signal,” party sources said.
Besides, Sylhet-2 seats, Yahya Chowdhury, Sylhet-3 Osman Ali Chairman, Sylhet-4 ATU Taj Rahman, Sylhet-5 Md. Salim Uddin. Sunamganj-4 Pir Fazlur Raman Mizbah, Jahangir Alam of Sunamganj-5, Abdul Munim Chowdhury Babu of Habiganj-1, Habiganj-3 Atikur Rahman Atiq, Former MP Golam Kibria Tipu from Divisional City Barisal-3 constituency, Barisal-6 Nasrin Jahan Ratna, ABM Ruhul Amin Hawlader in Patuakhali-1 constituency, Alhaj Nazrul Islam in Pirojpur-1 constituency, Pirojpur-3 Dr. Rustam Ali Farazi
Sunil Shuvo Roy, journalist of Ershad Press and Political Secretary, is being nominated in Khulna-1 constituency. Shafiqul Islam Madhu of Khulna-3 constituency, Syed Didar Bakht and Ershad’s cabinet member from Satkhira-1, Sekander Ali Moni (BNA) of Bagerhat-3, Shahriar Jamil Jewel from Kushtia-1, Sumon Ashraf in Kushtia-4, Advocate Sohrab Hossain in Chuadanga-1, Jashore-4 Lt. Commander retired Sabbir Ahmed, Nuruddin Ahmed in Jhenaidah-2 constituency and Advocate Hasan Siraj Shuja in Magura-1 constituency.
Meanwhile, some of the leaders of the JP chairman and senior co-chairman have been dropped. It has many popular and strong candidates. Among them, the most important member of the Ershad and Rowshan seats in the Dhaka-5 constituency and former student and youth leader Mir Abdus Sabur Asud.
Besides, Professor Delwar Hossain of Dhaka-Sabujbagh constituency, Solaiman Alam Sheth in Khagrachari, Ghulam Masih (present ambassador of Saudi Arabia) and Abul Kasem of Tangail, Sonargaon seat of Narayanganj. Saidur Rahman Tapa from Faridpur, Shafiqul Islam Sentu in Dhaka-Mohammadpur constituency, Faisal Chisti, Saifuddin Ahmed Milon, Kazi Mamun (B Bariya), Nazma Akhter (Feni), Somnath Dey, and among others were excluded.
Among the vice-chairmen, Zahirul Islam Zahir (Tangail), Nurul Islam Nuru, Sardar Shajahan (Pabna), Arif Khan (Manikganj), Shamsul Alam Master (Patiya of Chattogram), Morshed Murad Ibrahim (Chattogram), Alamgir Sikder Liton (Narayanganj), former student leader Nasim Osman’s wife Parvin Osman, Women Secretary Ananya Hossain Mousumi (Sonargaon), Joint Secretary General of the party Golam Mohammad Raju, Ashraf Mostafa Rahman Mostak (Mirpur of Dhaka), former student leader Belal Hossain, former president of the student front Iftekhar Hasan Ahsan, Secretary Mizanur Rahman Miru, late Presidium member and cultural personality Fakir Ashraf, Vice Chairman Asma Ashraf (Netrokona) has been dropped from the list of the one hundred seats.
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- 300 orphan received PM’s Eid gifts
- Lightning kills three in Habiganj
- Injury scare for Eoin Morgan
- Tigers’ fan song ‘Cholo Bangladesh’ for World Cup composed
- High-security Ebola burials spark dismay, anger in DR Congo
- SpaceX launches first satellites of its internet network
- Mosque blast kills 2 in Pakistan
- British PM Theresa May announces to resign
- Itikaf: Significance and its virtues in Ramadan
- Sri Lanka to bowl first against SA
- Two country`s pending issues will be resolved: Quader
- Modi plots course after landslide Indian election win
- Kushtia Tailors passing busy time
- 3 more Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Jenner, Banderas, turn out for glitzy amfAR gala near Cannes
- Rain with gusty wind likely over country
- PCB bans wives and family from travelling with team
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- `Final should not decide my future`
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- Shakib-less Bangladesh opt to field
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar