List of 25,000 Rohingyas handed over to Myanmar
Published: 02:16 PM, 29 July 2019 Updated: 04:19 PM, 29 July 2019
Bangladesh handed over a list of 25,000 Rohingyas to Myanmar in a meeting with Myanmar’s Foreign Affairs Permanent Secretary Myint Thu. The list contains the names of 25,000 Rohingyas from 6000 families.
On Monday, the list was handed over to Myanmar in a meeting at Meghna, a state guest house in Dhaka. So far, Bangladesh has given a list of about 55,000 Rohingyas names to Myanmar authorities
Acting Foreign Secretary Kamrul Ahsan told reporters after a lengthy meeting with the delegation led by Myanmar’s Foreign Affairs Permanent Secretary Mint Thu.
“The Myanmar side said they are trying to persuade the Rohingyas to return to Myanmar but during their discussions at Rohingya camps, Rohingya representatives were smiled when they requested to return,” he said.
“There was a trust deficit remains among Rohingyas.” Quamrul Ahsan added.
Currently, more than 1.1 million Rohingya are taking shelter in Bangladesh. Most of them have entered Bangladesh after August 25, 2017.
On November 23, 2017, Bangladesh and Myanmar signed an agreement over Rohingya repatriation. Later, the two countries signed a ‘Physical Arrangement’ agreement on January 16, 2018, to facilitate the return of Rohingyas to their homeland.
According to the ‘Physical Arrangement’, the withdrawal was expected to end within two years.
The first batch of Rohingyas was scheduled to return on November 15, 2017, but it was halted amid as the unwillingness of Rohingyas to return for lack of a favorable environment in Rakhine.
- I’m not interested’ in Griezmann reports: Simeone
- JU admission test starts Sunday
- Murder accused killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president on 10-day remand
- Bus supervisor killed in Natore road crash
- Bangladesh opt to field
- Cops look for burqa woman taking Minni’s photos!
- Bangladesh starts U-18 SAFF championship with win
- Fairytale’s Hiramon
- Talks with Cameron: Suu Kyi lies over Rohingyas’ identity
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Rain-floods claimed 5 lives in Spain