Legal notice to stop tuition fees collection of edu institutions
Published: 07:21 PM, 19 May 2020
Legal notices have been sent to all MPO schools and colleges to stop taking monthly fees in the situation arising in Corona.
The guardian of the two students of Ideal School and College, the former assistant secretary of the Supreme Court Bar Association, Advocate Md. Saifur Rahman sent this notice on Tuesday.
If no action is taken in the next 24 hours, a writ petition will be filed in the High Court, the notice said.
The notice was sent to the Education Secretary, the director-general (DG) of the education department, the chairman of all education boards (secondary and higher), and the principal of Ideal School and College, the lawyer said.
Where the government has already stopped collecting fees from various organizations due to prevailing situation arise by the coronavirus, there notices have been given to pay monthly fees for children in the educational institution, the notice said.
In such a situation, it has become very difficult for the lower class, lower middle class, and middle-class people to make a living. Therefore, the concerned people including the Education Secretary are being requested to take necessary steps to suspend the monthly fee from the students of all government (MPO) schools and colleges.
Therefore, in the public interest, the present government needs to take a timely step in this regard. So that the educational institution is running and at the same time the parents of the students also feel some financial relief, the notice also said.
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- BNP in isolation of negative politics: Quader
- ADB expands trade finance to support Bangladesh private sector
- Mymensingh reports 81 new COVID-19 cases
- Challengers always stand by people in COVID-19 crisis: COO Yasir
- Inadequate launch risks health service to breakdown
- Father-son electrocuted in Rangpur
- Two die with COVID-19 symptoms at KMCH
- Highest COVID-19 tests in 24hrs, record new infected
- Actress Mohena with in-law members COVID-19 infected
- Coronavirus death toll tops 30,000 in Brazil
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 349 Ansar members infected with COVID-19
- Shakib Khan’s ‘Rangbaaz’ movie producer Mozammel dies
- Keep your mouth shut: Police Chief advises Trump
- Biman cancels flights for passenger crisis
- Stolen Tk60 lakh of National Bank recovered
- ‘Ultimate repercussion’ if US hurt China’s interests
- BNP office fluxed of banner-festoon; neither activity, no activist
- Smith not to play in Aus ‘due to IPL’ if necessary
- Child among 4 another contracted COVID-19 in Nandail
- Light rain likely at many places
- Schoolgirl committed suicide for unable to see Star Jalsha serial
- Raw turmeric to boost immunity
- New Ebola outbreak in Congo amid coronavirus
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000