Lawmaker Ismat Ara Sadique passes away
Published: 12:46 PM, 21 January 2020 Updated: 03:14 PM, 21 January 2020
Jashore-6 (Keshabpur) MP and and former State Minister for Ministry of Public Administration Ismat Ara Sadique has passed away
The Member of Parliament (MP) of Jashore-6 (Keshabpur) constituency and former State Minister for Ministry of Public Administration Ismat Ara Sadique has passed away (Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji’un). She was 77.
Ismat Ara Sadique, wife of former Education Minister ASHK Sadek, breathed her last while undergoing treatment at a hospital in the capital around 11:00 am on Tuesday morning.
Her namaz-e-janaza will be held at 5:00 pm at the South Plaza of Jatiya Sangsad building.
Awami League deputy office secretary Sayem Khan confirmed the information.
District Awami League president Shahidul Islam Milan and general secretary Shaheen Chaklader and Keshabpur Upazila Awami League leaders mourned at her death.
Ismat Ara Sadique was born on December 12, 1942, in Bogura. Her father’s name was Mahbubur Rahman Chowdhury and his mother’s name was Sayera Khatun. She passed matriculation from Bogra VM Girls School in 1956 and Intermediate from Holy Cross College in Dhaka in 1958. She graduated from Eden College in Dhaka in 1960.
She and her husband, ASHK Sadek, joined the Awami League in 1992. She established the Keshabpur Mahila Awami League in 1996 and since then has served as the no. 1 member of the executive committee. Ismat Ara Sadique was a member of Bangladesh Women’s Welfare Council from 2009 to 2013.
She was elected MP from Jashore-6 (Keshbpur) constituency in the 10th parliamentary election. When the new government was formed on January 12, 2014, she was made State Minister for the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education. Three days later, on January 15, she was given the duty of State Minister for the Ministry of Public Administration.
She was elected MP of Awami League for the second time in the National Parliamentary elections on December 30, 2018.
- Police involved in Delhi mosque blaze incident
- Handover book to children, not smartphone: Information Minister
- 15 families confined over fence
- China to send 100,000 ducks to battle Pakistan’s locust plague
- 12 Jamaat-e-Islami activists sent to Jail
- Airport underpass being launched on Bangabandhu’s birthday
- 2 detained with 66kg weed in Natore
- Drug smuggler caught at airport with yaba in stomach
- Perera, Pradeep back in Sri Lanka T20 squad
- College girl on deathbed in torture of ‘Jiner Badshah’
- Youth arrested with 10,000 pc. of yaba
- Drug dealer detained with yaba in Pirojpur
- All from Cox’s Bazar Land Acquisition Branch immediately transferred
- Quota system reformed in Class-XI admission
- 11kg silver seized at Satkhira border
- ‘Shukno Golap’ of Nahid released
- BD in top among hilsa enriched countries
- BD women’s T20 WC ends with two straight defeats
- Take measures to control mosquitoes ahead of rainy season: PM
- Germany suspends cooperation with Myanmar until Rohingya repatriation
- Don’t work without appointment letter: Hasan Mahmud urges journalists
- Power price hike again by Tk 7.13 per unit
- Ways to remove dirk circle under eyes in 10 minutes!
- Bangladesh under pressure losing openers
- 4 brick kilns demolished, fined Tk 14 lakh
- Khaleda’s bail plea rejected
- Garbage stack removed from Habiganj hospital gate
- Mamata Banerjee’s poem amid Delhi violence
- Italy expats urged to stay uppermost alert
- Acid thrown to make Muslims eyeless in Delhi
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Amal Clooney will fight for Rohingya
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test