Landslide kills 4 in Jaflong
Published: 06:24 PM, 2 January 2018 Updated: 09:00 PM, 3 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Four laborers, including a woman were killed and 3 others injured in a landslide at a stone quarry in Jaflong of Sylhet this afternoon.
This incident happened in the zoom area of Jaflong temple around 5pm.
One of the dead is Nur Mia, son of late Mofiz Ullah of Goalabazar of Osmaninagar in Sylhet. The identity of the remaining three could not be known.
The injured are Sadek Ahmed, son of Tajul Ullah of Baniachang of Habiganj, Jailal Uddin, son of Miyudan and Mizanur Rahman resident of local Mama Bazar.
Officer in Charge (OC) of Jaflong Tourist Police Debangshu Kumar Dey confirmed this.
Goyingghat Police Station OC (Investigation) Hillol Roy said the body was recovered and sent to the morgue for autopsy. The injured were admitted to the local hospital.
- PM to induct ‘Gangchil’ tomorrow
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- 157 schools damaged in Tangail flood
- AL pays homage to Aug 21 grenade attack victims
- Record 11.23-lakh tons maize produced in Rangpur
- Eunuchs sought punishment for in-community others
- Bangladesh mission in Delhi pay tributes to Aug 21 attack victims
- NZ women cricket’s same-sex couple expecting first child
- Mistrust, new conditions threaten to derail Rohingya repatriation
- Child rape accused held in Jhenaidah
- “Appeal hearing to start this year”
- 2 get life term for killing two Bangladeshis
- Now OC Moazzem seeks bail in HC
- Light to moderate rain likely
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Refuse immoral proposal, principal locks teacher in bathroom
- Over 2,300 tigers killed and trafficked this century
- Nightguard’s slit-throat body found in Fatullah
- AL’s programs on anniv of grenade attack
- 6 Indian soldiers killed as Pakistan Army responds to LoC firing
- Newly-wed couple found hanging with same rope
- Nayak Raj’s two years of departure
- 1st dual security key launches with Lightning and USB-C
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again