LP gas in autorickshaw!
Published: 04:51 PM, 25 February 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
LP gas cylinders are being used instead of CNG (converted natural gas) in auto-rickshaw at Nikli of Kishoreganj. If this cylinder blast, then major accidents can happen at any time. And it caused anxiety among thousands of passengers.
Meanwhile, due to restrictions of autorickshaw movement on the highway, the auto-rickshaw owners and drivers have to face extortion when taking gas at the only CNG station at Kishoreganj's Bhairab Upazila.
While visiting different autorickshaw stands of the Upazila, it is seen that LP gas cylinders are being used instead of CNG in auto-rickshaws in the Upazila including Nikli-Kishoreganj, Nikli-Bhairab, Katiadi-Nikli, Bajitpur-Nikli. These cylinders are being used freely under the driver’s seat and behind the passenger’s seat.
Department Of Explosives of Bangladesh has permission to use CNG cylinders in this transport but LP gas cylinders are not allowed to be used. It is usually used for home cooking.
The types of auto rickshaw’s cylinders are to be purchased at Tk 10,000 to 15,000. These cylinders are safe while one-fourth of the gas may have air but it can refill. LP gas cylinders can be bought at Tk 1200 with no air. But these cylinders are not safe at all. As the availability of LP gas, its usage is increased day by day. But the security risk of passengers is also increased.
The only CNG refilling station in Bhairab is situated 58 kilometers away from Nikli Upazila Sadar. As a result, the auto owners and drivers have to spend a long time in collecting gas. So, autorickshaw owners and drivers are using LP cylinder gas to earn extra profit. That’s why LPG prices are increasing every day.
Nikli upazila SUJAN president Md Jasim Uddin said, “Due to the use of cylinders gas in CNG, the passengers are travelling with death risk. These cylinders blast at any time and can cause major accidents like Dhaka. The matter needs to be looked by administrative.”
Nikli Upazila CNG Auto Workshop Union President Murshid Miah said, “The police is taking the advantage of banning auto rickshaw movement on the highway. When going to the station to buy gas, police members intervened on the way.”
He also said, “On the other hand, we have no other way and have to give extortion. We have to face this problem every day. So, we are using LP gas though we know its risk. Nearly 2000 auto rickshaw drivers are using LP gas in the nearby Upazila, including the Nikli Upazila.”
Nikli’s UNO Muchammat Shahina Akhter said, “I do not know the issue. We will take the necessary steps to investigate.”
- Rain with squally wind likely
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- Delhi battleground again, 5 killed
- Zimbabwe at innings loss risk
- Drug lord held with heroin
- Trawler capsized in Inani beach, missing 2
- Three Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Today’s sports on TV
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Coronavirus hits more Middle East countries
- Trump announces defence deal with India
- Papiya placed on 15-day remand
- Police becomes barrier to treatment of Rickshaw puller’s mother
- Holy Shab-e-Meraj on Mar 22
- Trump visits Taj Mahal
- Young girl crushed under train in Lalmonirhat
- Yunusur Rahman made DSE chairman
- Mahathir becomes interim PM
- Trump forgets Gandhi at Gandhi’s Ashram
- PM urges Japan to investment in power sector
- No one will escape committing crime: Quader
- 12 Jailed for carrying marijuana in Jamalpur
- India seal comfortable victory over Bangladesh
- Rapist detained after 18 yrs of rape
- RU also denies joining uniform admission test
- President urges BGB to stay alert at borders
- Hearing with using video conference at Information Commission
- Motorcyclist killed in Jhalakati road crash
- DU says not to uniform entry test
- Case against 9 brick kilns of Gaibandha
- All News »
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!