Dhaka, Tuesday   19 March 2019

Couple burnt in Dhaka gas cylinder blast

 Staff Correspondent

 Published: 12:14 PM, 6 November 2018   Updated: 12:14 PM, 6 November 2018

Symbolic Photo

Symbolic Photo

A man and his wife sustained burn injuries in a fire that broke out from a gas cylinder explosion in the capital’s Mohammadpur area early Tuesday.

The injured Saiful Islam Rubel, 28, and his wife Sajena Akhter, 18, were admitted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).

Sub-inspector Bacchu Miah, in charge of DMCH police outpost, said the fire broke out at their tin-shed house on road no-13 in Nabinagar Housing after a cocking gas cylinder exploded around 5:00 am, leaving the duo injured. 

They were admitted to the hospital around 6:30 am, he added. 

DailyBangladesh/Nishi