Kurmitola Hospital to treat coronavirus patients only
Published: 07:19 PM, 29 March 2020 Updated: 07:41 PM, 29 March 2020
Kurmitola Hospital to give treatment only coronavirus patients
Previously integrated medical activities were conducted but from now on, Kurmitola General Hospital will be used for patients suffering from coronavirus only. For this purpose, no general patient has been admitted here since Sunday.
As a result, operations of various departments including Gaini, ENT, Surgery have been stopped. Emergency and outdoor services have also been closed. About 50 kidney dialysis patients are at high risk due to this.
It has been known that earlier only patients suspected of coronavirus were being treated in isolation centre. Those who were tested positive for the coronavirus were treated at Kuwait Bangladesh Friendship Government Hospital. But the Health Department has informed - From now on, Corona-positive patients have to be treated here. As a result, general medical activities have been completely stopped today.
Kurmitola Hospital authorities have given a notice saying that there will be no kidney dialysis from the next day. As a result, some patients also performed human chain program in front of the hospital in the morning.
When asked about this, Director of Kurmitola General Hospital Brigadier General Dr Jamil Ahmed told Daily Bangladesh, "We are not yet specifying precisely the date when hemodialysis will cease." However, these patients are very vulnerable to coronavirus disease. If coronavirus infected are given treatment here, it will be not right to continue with hemodialysis. Therefore, the unit is being closed down by providing alternatives for them.
Director-General of the Department of Health Dr Abu Kalam Azad said the global situation was changing day by day. We are not afraid of coronavirus. However, Kurmitola General Hospital is being fully prepared for the future.
The COVID-19, which was first detected in China in late December, is now a global epidemic and already spread to about 200 countries and regions around the world. Worldwide, the number of cases has reached more than 660,000. Some 139,000 people have recovered, while more than 30,000 have died.
Coronavirus patient was first detected in the country on March 8. Now the number of victims has increased to 48, while 5 have died.
- 2 individuals fined Tk 28 lakh for cutting hill in Chattogram
- Moscow eases lockdown despite infections continue to rise
- 4 more tested coronavirus positive in Jamalpur
- Coronavirus global death toll tops 376,000
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- 17 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Former health minister Nasim tests positive for COVID-19
- 16 more infected with COVID-19 in Rangpur
- India expels two Pak diplomats ‘for espionage’
- Nasim hospitalized, sample collected for COVID-19 test
- Barishal reports 40 new COVID-19 cases
- Father, son among 6 killed in lightning strikes
- Litchi market inaugurated in Dinajpur
- Offices of edu insts can remain open
- Rupganj reports 60 new coronavirus cases
- ‘Pather Panchali’ comes in colour print
- Writ issued seeking license revocation of United Hospital
- Ex-DIG Bazlur Rashid denied bail
- Delhi border sealed for a week
- BMP`s Addl. Commissioner infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus infected cases surge 1000 in Cumilla
- ‘No more than 25% officers can hold office’
- Everyone passed from tea-seller Khaleq’s school
- Budget session can be covered from Songsad TV
- Social distance not obeyed at Chandpur launch ghat
- Ovishar Cinema Hall at Tikatuli being demolished
- Sabbir denies allegation of harassing RCC cleaner
- Father and son killed in lightning
- Horn on duckling’s head stir in Pirgachha
- 112 overcome COVID-19 in Chakaria last month
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Offices resume from May 31
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Mahathir expelled from party
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- One dies, nine more test positive for coronavirus in Bhola
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- BRTA recommends to hike 80pc bus fare