‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
Published: 10:07 AM, 16 October 2019 Updated: 11:27 AM, 16 October 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Bangladesh Railway (BR) is set to launch the much-desired Intercity Train on the Kurigram-Dhaka-Kurigram route from Wednesday. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will launch the proposed ‘Kurigram Express' Intercity Train through video conference from the capital city today.
There was no Intercity Train service on the Kurigram-Dhaka-Kurigram route. In 2017, the people of the district demanded to launch an Intercity Train on the Kurigram-Dhaka-Kurigram route when Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina visited Kurigram. At this time, the Prime Minister promised them to launch an Intercity Train directly from Kurigram to Dhaka.
As per the announcement of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina following long-standing demand of people of Kurigram, BR is going to launch the Intercity Trains from Kurigram today.
"We are very happy" - expressing such excitement, Pradeep Kumar Roy, general secretary of the Kurigram Railway-Naval Communication and Environment Development Public Committee, said that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has taken initiative to improve our communication system.
Kurigram Station Master Kabil Uddin said that the train will leave Kurigram Railway Station at 7:20 am for Dhaka. Meanwhile, it will depart Kamalapur Railway Station in Dhaka for Kurigram at 8:45 pm.
The Kurigram Express, having 600 seats, will have stopovers in Rangpur, Badarganj, Parbatipur, Joypurhat, Shantahar, Madhobnagar and Dhaka Airport Airport stations. The train’s coaches have been procured from Indonesia.
The ticket price for the train has been fixed at TK 510 for Shovan chair, Tk 972 for AC chair, Tk 1168 for AC seats, the Station Master added.
Kurigram DC Sultana Parveen said, "We have taken all preparations for launching the Intercity Train. The train already reached Kurigram station. From October 17, the train will operate on the Kurigram-Dhaka route."
- UK Labour makes radical election pitch
- `Humble` Mourinho not planning on big changes at Spurs
- Another cargo flight with 105 mts Egyptian onion lands
- Israel PM Netanyahu charged with corruption
- Event Flow of Kolkata Test
- Nasim asks party men to make AL council success
- President condoles death of Katiadi AL leader Golap Mia
- Tennis Federation GS Golam Morshed fired
- 41st Cairo int`l film gala kicks off at Egypt`s opera house
- Mithila: “There is a word called privacy”
- AI bot beats human in multiplayer game with secret roles
- Syed Rasel named Dhaka Platoon bowling coach
- Why exclusion of PEC candidates not illegal: HC
- Fielding will key point in pink-ball Test: Mominul
- Tahsan new look of Farooki’s “No Land’s Man”
- Nigerian air force destroys Boko Haram’s meeting venue
- Emerging Asia Cup Final to broadcast on TV
- Bourses bounce back
- Don’t pay heed to propaganda: PM
- Bangladesh wins 1st Gold in e-Asia Awards 2019
- Car-Free Street in Uttara!
- BNP failed to wage movement capitalizing onion issue: Quader
- Baby drown in Tangail
- Pope Francis visits Thai Buddhist temple
- Housewife commits suicide
- 22 civilians killed in Syria by Russian-backed government forces
- 89 detained in anti-drug drive in capital
- Players would focus only on cricket: Mominul
- Armed Forces Day celebrated peacefully
- BCB announce women’s T20 squad for SA Games
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- Tigers opt to bat
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- International Men’s Day today
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Messi-led Argentina arrive in Israel for Uruguay friendly
- Fire burns Rangpur Express (Video)
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- PSC, Ebtedayee terminal exams begin tomorrow
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft