Krishak League’s council today
Published: 10:06 AM, 6 November 2019
Bangladesh Krishak League, an associate body of the ruling Awami League (AL) affiliated by the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, observes its 10th national council today.
Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the Krishak League council at historic Suhrawardy Udyan in the capital on Wednesday morning. Later, the election of the new central committee of the Krishak League will be held at the council session at Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) auditorium.
On April 19 in 1972, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman founded Bangladesh Krishak League aimed at working for the betterment of agriculture and farmers to attain the country’s economic emancipation.
Abdur Rob Serniabat, one of the martyrs of August 15, 1975 carnage, was the founding president of the Krishak League.
The last council of the organization was held on July 19 in 2012. A 111-member committee was formed through the council making Motahar Hossain Molla as president and Shamsul Haque Reza as general secretary.
Marking the national council, a 90-feet long and 30-feet wide stage has been built in the shape of a farmer’s house at the council venue Suhrawardy Udyan.
All preparations have been completed to hold the council, Krishak League Organizing Secretary Sakhawaat Hossain Sweet told the media. The council venue wore a festive look marking the council, he said.
Regarding the counsel preparation, Krishak League Joint secretary, Samir Chandra told DailyBangladesh that this stage is a little extraordinary. It is created in such a way that it looks like I'm in the village, the leader added.
- Miking for salt price hike rumors
- Rumors rising salt price though adequate reserve
- BFF announces squad for SA Games
- If extra price for salt; call 999
- Results of BRUR admission test published
- German industry sees deep slump in 2019
- Time extended for SSC form-fill-up
- Swedish prosecutor drops Assange rape investigation
- Salt market under control in 30 munites
- Luis Enrique returns as Spain boss
- BMP calls for arrest involved in Nilphamari incident
- UN `alarmed` dozens may be dead in Iran protests
- Pakistan considers debut for 16-year-old pacer
- Women making significant contributions to national economy: Palak
- Country has buffer stock of salt for next four months
- Young Tigers whitewash Sri Lanka
- 1 killed in Cox`s Bazar gas cylinder explosion
- Brazil beat South Korea 3-0
- Venezuela ride on Rondon’s hat-trick
- Moscow to help establish ’71 genocide museum
- Bourses end flat
- Egypt marks Suez Canal’s 150th anniversary
- Netanyahu celebrates US settlement decision in West Bank
- 3 salt traders fined in Dinajpur
- Tk 350 cr revenue on 6th day
- Man City`s revenue rises to £535 million
- Tk 2 lakhs fined over salt-onion price boosting
- One held over facebook post on salt price hike
- Quake 5.3 magnitude jolts India
- Jail for spreading rumors over salt
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- After ‘Bulbul’, now cyclone ‘Nakri’ forming in Bay
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- Tigers opt to bat
- Graduation at 9!
- Firefighters who saved house, apologise for drinking milk
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- 3 including loco master, director of Turna suspended
- PM blames Ziaur Rahman for Rohingya crisis
- The voyage home: Japan’s Hayabusa-2 probe to head for Earth
- 43 Students received ‘Quran’ as gift
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- Fire burns Rangpur Express (Video)
- Abrar murder: Chargesheet submitted against 25
- Happy Birthday to legend of Bengali Literature
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS