Kohli Wishes Tendulkar On his 45th Birthday
Published: 06:18 PM, 24 April 2018
India captain Virat Kohli, who has openly claimed Sachin Tendulkar as his cricket idol, on Tuesday wished him on his 45th birthday.
He took to Twitter to post a birthday wish and said, "Wish you a very Happy Birthday @sachin_rt Paaji. ???? You are and will always be the real Master Blaster."
Apart from Kohli, sportspersons and people from the cricket fraternity flooded Twitter with heartfelt wishes for the cricket legend. Later, Tendulkar also posted a thank you message on social media. "I cannot thank you all enough for sending so much love to me. It really means a lot! Deeply grateful," he said in a video.
The `Master Blaster`, as he is fondly referred to, bid adieu to the game in November 2013 at Mumbai`s Wankhede Stadium. However, he still continues to rule billion of hearts.
With a huge pile of runs under his belt, Tendulkar dominates both ODI and Test run charts. Apart from his 15,921 runs in 200 Tests and 18,426 runs in 463 ODIs, the batting maestro also has numerous records to his name.
Meanwhile, Tendulkar made a special promise to Kohli during a book launch in Mumbai. The legend said that he will share a bottle of champagne with Kohli if the Indian captain breaks his record and scores 50 centuries in the limited-overs format.
"I will go and share a bottle with him if he breaks my record," Sachin Tendulkar said during a book launch in Mumbai.
"I won`t send him champagne bottles; I will go there and share it with him," he said.
- Four killed in Kutubdia boat capsize
- 14 gamblers-drug dealers detained in Mymensingh
- Govt to shut 3 crore illegal smartphones
- Myanmar on financial surveillance!
- Pakistan conducts successful missile test
- No high-rise buildings along sea: PM
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 450 of 1200 posts vacant
- Preparation for Dhaka-10 by-polls completed: Returning Officer
- Rape accused detained in Narayanganj
- BNP`s politics stuck in Khaleda`s illness: Hasan
- Interest of postal saving will be revisited: Kamal
- Teacher takes salary without signing attendance sheet!
- Three robbers detained in Jamalpur
- Mysterious ship washes up Irish coast
- Diamond Princess passengers disembark after quarantine ends
- 6 girls injured after tree falls in Noakhali
- FIFA cancels planed meeting due to coronavirus
- Walton to export smartphones in US
- Padma Bridge rail route being connected with Trans-Asian network
- Match officials for Bangladesh-Zimbabwe series
- TCB preparing for Ramadan
- Tomato to get immaculate skin
- Mashrafe’s farewell after BAN vs ZIM series!
- Bangladesh to take on Pakistan tomorrow
- ‘Problems can be solved by forming joint working group’
- Mehazabien comes with new look
- SC bar association polls on March 11,12
- AL local government nomination board meets today
- Video of principal’s dance in Hindi songs goes viral
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Soumya to get married this month
- Soumya with future wife
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Good news to honey farmers
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Coronavirus: Chinese hospitals discharge 4,740 recovered patients
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Samsung unveils new foldable phone Galaxy Z Flip
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation