Kidney Specialist without certificate!
Published: 04:01 PM, 19 February 2020 Updated: 09:05 PM, 19 February 2020
Graphics: Daily Bangladesh
Salah Uddin Mahmud, a self-proclaimed specialist — though there is no formal education in medicine, he has been treating patients for 30 years. He even treated kidney patients with his own inventions!
Although he did not use the ‘Dr.’ word on his visiting card, the fake physician wrote ‘Dr. Salah Uddin Mahmud’ on the signboard outside the chamber. Besides, he also wrote books on kidney disease where he put the designation before his name.
It is known that the ‘Dr.’ word cannot be used without the certificate of Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC). When asking him, he replied, “What’s the problem if using Dr. before the name?”
“My father was a doctor. I learned 50 percent of medical science from him. As I am a student of Chemistry – I leaned 25 percent from there and the remaining 25 percent from research. So that made 100 percent,” his straight forward answer!
He later acknowledged that he will be in trouble in the future. There is a case against him where the court had ruled in his favour, he claimed.
Claiming that he has the full right to use the word ‘Dr.’ before his name, he said that “he completed his studies in homeopathy”. For this reason, he can use the designation before his name. However, there is no mention of the degree of homeopathy on signboards, books or visiting cards with the identity of Salah Uddin Mahmud.
The self-proclaimed specialist claimed that his uncle had given him Tk 50 lakh in the 80s for kidney research. After long research, he discovered the drug for kidney disease!
He claims that kidney dialysis patients will be cured if they use this drug. Not only that, he dreamed of treating millions of kidney patients at home and abroad with his “discovered medicines”.
Not only Salah Uddin Mahmud but also there are thousands of fake doctors in the country, including the capital.
It is learned that according to the law of BMDC (Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council), only those who have obtained the certificate of BMDC can use the word ‘Dr.’ before the name.
While conducting an investigation regarding this, it is learned that BCMDC (Combined Medical and Dental Council, Bangladesh) which is now known as NAMDC (National Alternative Medical and Dental Council, Bangladesh) is the factory of producing fake doctors. The company continues ‘doctor certificates business’ by registering with Joint Stock – which is completely illegal.
The company made doctors from their ‘Peace Blend Science and Technology University’ in Uttra, giving them certificates like BMDC. Here, any educated person could become a doctor with training. They were not only giving the country’s degree but also gave degrees from various medical universities of India, Russia, China.
However, the university was closed by the government. But before this, the fake organization has spread about 10,000 fake doctors in various places across the country and they examine patients by using ‘Dr.’ word in chambers for years.
In this regard, Dr. M Iqbal Arsenal, a leader of Swadhinata Chikitsak Parishad (SWACHIP), said: “A case was filed against Dr. Md. MN Haque, vice-chancellor of BMDC, and others in 2018. The court issued an arrest warrant against the accused and ordered to crock goods. Yet they are not being arrested.”
No one can write the ‘Dr.’ before the name while studying on Alternet Medicine. Only the BMDC registration holders can write to the designation before the name, said Dr. Md. Arman Hossain, acting Registrar of BMDC.
NAMDC’s certificate looks exactly like BMDC. They are doing this for the purpose of frauding, he also said adding in a frustrated voice, “Despite the case against them (NAMDC), the police could not catch them!”
In the middle of last year, a team of RAB-11 arrested several fake doctors from different areas in Cumilla where almost all of them hold medical certificates from Peace Blend University
Fake doctors such as Md. Farhad Ali was detained on January 13 this year from Nurunnahar Diagnostic and Consultation Center in Pabna’s Bera bus stand area and Jahirul Islam on August 28 last year from Cumilla Diagnostic Complex at Chan Super Market in Narayanganj. They both were treating patients for the last couple of years by buying an MBBS certificate from India.
Regarding the fake doctor, RAB-11 Deputy Director Major Talukder Nazmus Shakib said, “NAMDC is a fake organization. They have registered with Joint Stock.”
Mentioning that they have to right to provide doctor certificate from Joint Stock, he said that they got such a theme from Kolkata where 10-12 organizations like this are providing fake certificates. “There is no rule for registering medical certificate from Joint Stock, he said. There are 8-12 organizations like this. A search revealed that in Kolkata that some of those are locked up, some are fake.”
BAMDC is accepting certificates from those institutions in Kolkata and recognizing them in the medical profession, he added.
Meanwhile, many casualties have also happened in the treatment of fake doctors. On September 14 last year, a youth named Abu Sayeed Siddiqui died in Mirzapur, Tangail where he was just pushed injection by a fake doctor named Atoar Rahman. Later, Sayeed’s family said they did not know that “Atoar was a fake doctor”.
Besides, another housewife named Suktara Begum died in the wrong treatment on September 14, 2018, at Islamia Clinic in Gomstapur Bazar in Chapainawabganj. Later, it was learned that she died due to the wrong treatment of fake aesthesia doctor Md Tutul.
- Coronavirus death toll surging to .10 million
- Medical aid in hilly areas by Air Force’s helicopter
- EU could fail to coronavirus
- Coronavirus isolation unit at Titumir College
- Coast Guard DDG promoted to rear admiral
- 244 Bangladeshis infected with Coronavirus in Singapore
- 286 sailors of US warship detected coronavirus
- Two more infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Drug dealer detained with 78-kg marijuana
- President calls for prayer at home on night of Shab-e-Barat
- Food distributed among 800 families in Nandail
- Measures to do at hospital to refrain from COVID-19
- PM urges everyone to devote with teachings of Shab-e-Barat
- Barricades on roads in Kotalipara
- People rushing to banks for withdrawing money
- DNCC opens hotline for relief
- CMP monitors home quarantine through mobile app
- 5 rounds of rocket attacks at US base in Afghanistan
- BB reschedule transactions time
- Locals lock down Munshefpara
- Govt to provide all supports for protein production
- NY man contracting corona while buying toothpaste after 12 days of quarantine
- Teenager dies with cold, cough in Ctg
- Young doctors must come forward to tackle corona: DGHS
- Coronavirus claims over 89,000 lives; 1.5 million infected
- Housewife beaten to death in Bogura
- 12kg marijuana recovered in Satkhira
- Bangladesh`s home series against Australia postponed
- Bangladeshis stranded abroad to be brought back: A. Momen
- Sisimpur to be aired in 19 languages
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Army to go tough from today
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 3 more die from coronavirus, 54 new infected
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 3 more detected with coronavirus in Keraniganj, area ‘lockdown’
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- PM unveils Tk 72,750cr package to overcome coronavirus impact
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- New IGP Benazir, Mamun as new RAB DG
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India
- China to ban eating cats and dogs