Khulna seals hat-trick victory in BBPL
Published: 05:35 PM, 20 December 2019 Updated: 05:44 PM, 20 December 2019
Khulna clinched hat-trick victory beating Rangpur Rangers by eight wickets in the days' first game of Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL) at Chattogram today. On the other hand, Mohammad Nabi's Rangpur lost all four matches they played.
After winning the toss Khulna Tigers asked Rangpur Rangers to bat first. Rangpur post 137 for 9 wickets. Khulna chased down the target keeping 45 balls and 8 wickets in hand.
In reply, Khulna lost their opener Nazmul Hossain Shanto on 24. From here, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (37 off 22) and RR Rossouw rebuild for Tigers. Gurbaz sent back by Mukidul Islam when Khulna Tigers were 85/2. From here, RR Rossouw (66 off 31) and skipper Mushfiqur Rahim (17 off 17) left the field after completing victory.
Mustafizur Rahman and Mukidul Islam bagged one wicket each for Rangpur.
Earlier, Rangpur lost their opener, Mohammed Shahzad, to 20. Before going out to Mohammad Amir Shahzad made 11 off 7.
Cameron Delpor also went out in quick succession as Shafiul Islam struck in his very first ball and Rangpur lost their 2nd wicket to 28. Nadif Chowdhury also follows him and went out before scoring any run and Rangers lost their 3rd wicket to 40.
After 20 overs Rangpur Rangers able to post 137/9 as opener Mohammad Naim scored 49 off 32, Fazle Rabbi made 42 off 33 and L Gregory scored 22 off 20.
Shafiul Islam was the best bowler for Khulna as he took 3 wickets for only 21 runs. Mohammad Amir also took two wickets for 24 runs. Shahidul Islam took 2 wickets for 32 runs.
- Opening match: Australia vs India
- Gunfight at RAB checkpoint, 1 found dead
- Sound pollution, duo arrests in Ctg
- Crowd erupted at Cumilla Shaheed Minar
- Amar Ekushey Prabhat Feri observed in Sylhet
- 2 BCL leaders crashed to fetch flowers
- Tribute procession to Ctg Central Shaheed Minar
- Prabhat Feri observed in Shariatpur
- More 115 killed in lethal COVID-19 in a day
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Today’s sports on TV
- Syria-Turkey fierce fighting in Idlib kills 27
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- 8-yrs son on way demanding punishment of father’s killers
- Man arrested after London mosque stabbing
- CU also not to join combined admission test system
- Martin Braithwaite joins Barcelona
- US Embassy launches website in Bengali
- BSF officer commits suicide in Kashmir
- BD ranks 143 in improving quality of life in children
- Schoolgirl hangs for cellphone
- Train derailed in Australia kills 2
- Bangladeshi detained by BSF on Kurigram border
- Untold story of language fighter Momtaz Begum
- Fraud Nigerian detained in airport
- Tips to get rid of chickenpox scar
- 9 persons, one institution to get Independence Award
- DMP detained 57 in anti-narcotic drive
- Extinct wildcat recovered from Bhola
- All News »
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Falguni kills 5 workers in Gopalganj
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital