Khoka gets 10yrs jail in graft case
Published: 11:54 AM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 12:49 PM, 28 November 2018
Sadek Hossain Khoka
A Dhaka court on Wednesday sentenced four people including former mayor of undivided Dhaka City Corporation (DCC) and BNP leader Sadek Hossain Khoka to 10 years imprisonment in a case filed by Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC).
Dhaka divisional special Judge Mizanur Rahman Khan passed the order following a hearing on the case.
The three others convicts are DCC Unique Complex Shop Owners' Association president Abdul Baten Nakib, its general secretary Mahmud Hasan Azad and car parking manager HM Tarek.
The court also fined Tk 20 lakh to Khoka while 10 lakh each to the other convicts.
Earlier on November 29, 2015, a court framed charges against the BNP leader and three others in the case for alleged corruption in leasing a multi-storey car parking in the capital’s Banani area.
On June 24, 2015, a lower court issued a warrant for the arrest of BNP leader Khoka as he did not appear before it during hearing on the day.
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) deputy director Nur Hossain, also investigation officer of the case, submitted a charge-sheet against the four accused on November 11 in 2012.
On February 15, 2012, ACC assistant director M Mahbubul Alam filed the case with Shahbagh Police Station on the charge of misappropriating Tk 30.82 lakh from the car parking project.
According to the prosecution, Dhaka City Corporation invited a tender in 2003 to lease out Banani Unique Complex’s basement as car parking.
The DCC had been deprived of over Tk 30.82 lakh from February 2003 to February 2011 as then-mayor Khoka in connivance with other accused stayed the tender process.
- Mahbubur to die for killing Ranada Prasad Shaha
- How US aggressively flexed its cyber warfare powers under Trump
- US carried out cyberattacks on Iran: reports
- UN warns of telecom blackout cover for Myanmar military abuses
- Verdict on Ranada Prasad Shaha murder case today
- Say Alhamdulillah
- Young hacked to death for a hundred bucks
- Clean tech fair begins promoting environment friendly metals
- Balakot air strikes planner new R&AW chief now
- Gayle confirms retirement plans are on hold
- Democrats seeks $4.5bn aid for boarder migrants
- Nusrat murder case: Death threat to witnesses
- Two youth electrocuted in Bogura
- Expatriate to jail praying bail
- Trump warns any conflict with Iran `wouldn`t last long`
- President urged to protect rights of physically challenged people
- 1 kg heroin seized in Rajshahi, youth detained
- Ershad in ICU
- Surath Kumar made Chief Information Officer
- Bill before finishing project
- Pakistan restrict New Zealand to 237
- Breakfast miss! It rises risk of death: study
- Abahani making history beating India 1-0
- PM embarks on five-day China visit Monday
- Two to walk gallows for raping girl in Shariatpur
- Photos of drowned father and daughter spark global outrage
- PM fears safety disruption in Rohingya return dilatory
- Arrest warrant against 78 in DU question leak
- Rabindra University: HC bars VC, 3 other to run activities
- Bogura road crash kills schoolboy
- All News »
- General Aziz - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Say Alhamdulillah
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Female UP member hacked to death in N’ganj
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- Fire at Cumilla EPZ
- Malaysia calls for ‘justice’ for Rohingyas
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Primary recruit exam: 6 held over fake question trafficking
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Heartbreaking photo of dead migrants stirs outrage