Khoka gets 10yrs jail in graft case
Published: 11:54 AM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 12:49 PM, 28 November 2018
Sadek Hossain Khoka
A Dhaka court on Wednesday sentenced four people including former mayor of undivided Dhaka City Corporation (DCC) and BNP leader Sadek Hossain Khoka to 10 years imprisonment in a case filed by Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC).
Dhaka divisional special Judge Mizanur Rahman Khan passed the order following a hearing on the case.
The three others convicts are DCC Unique Complex Shop Owners' Association president Abdul Baten Nakib, its general secretary Mahmud Hasan Azad and car parking manager HM Tarek.
The court also fined Tk 20 lakh to Khoka while 10 lakh each to the other convicts.
Earlier on November 29, 2015, a court framed charges against the BNP leader and three others in the case for alleged corruption in leasing a multi-storey car parking in the capital’s Banani area.
On June 24, 2015, a lower court issued a warrant for the arrest of BNP leader Khoka as he did not appear before it during hearing on the day.
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) deputy director Nur Hossain, also investigation officer of the case, submitted a charge-sheet against the four accused on November 11 in 2012.
On February 15, 2012, ACC assistant director M Mahbubul Alam filed the case with Shahbagh Police Station on the charge of misappropriating Tk 30.82 lakh from the car parking project.
According to the prosecution, Dhaka City Corporation invited a tender in 2003 to lease out Banani Unique Complex’s basement as car parking.
The DCC had been deprived of over Tk 30.82 lakh from February 2003 to February 2011 as then-mayor Khoka in connivance with other accused stayed the tender process.
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- Hero Alam wants to marry Popy!
- After bushfires, Australia now deals with floods!
- World’s shortest man Khagendra Thapa dies at 27
- Obaidul Quader mourns death of MP Mannan
- 560-pound IS leader ‘Jabba the Jihadi’ captured in Iraq
- U-19 World Cup: Aus faces WI today
- PM mourns death of MP Mannan
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Rajshahi lift BPL crown
- Countrymen living in peace: IGP
- Putin to attend Libya peace conference
- Mushfiqur refuses to tour Pakistan for T20Is
- Private car driver killed in Narsingdi road mishap
- Reunion of Psychology dept begins in RU
- Rajshahi post 170 in BPL final against Khulna
- Anwar succeeds in Squash farming
- 6 held in Naogaon anti-narcotics drive
- ‘He just want to avoid his duty’
- Young Tigers` World Cup mission starts tomorrow
- Doyel’s ‘Toshok’ Int’l Film Festival
- Businessman killed in Rajshahi road crash
- 3 detained in Akhaura with yaba tablet
- Khulna obt to bowl in BPL final
- Huawei launches 5G smartphone in Kuwait
- Youth crushed under train at Pubail
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Cricket Australia CEO to be in BPL final
- Turkey begins to deploy troops in Libya
- All News »
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- ‘Unintentionally’ shot down Ukrainian jetliner: Iran
- PM mourns death of Oman Sultan
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- Asia’s most costly cricket stadium to be built in Bangladesh!
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Country shivers as 4th cold wave of season begins
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Oman Sultan Qaboos dies at 79
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Reaction of Canadian PM after Iran admitting mistake
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- Teachers-guardians’ help for cheat in exam shameful: President
- Heitham Bin Tariq sworn in as Oman’s new Sultan
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Queen, Prince Harry to hold talks over Sussexes’ future
- Khulna Tigers opt to bowl to ensure top in BPL
- 11 killed in US storm-flood
- Thousands of devotees walking to Turag