Khaleda’s treatment outside jail after consultation with doctor
Published: 05:03 PM, 22 April 2018
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal on Sunday said that the government will take decision about further treatment of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia outside the jail after consultation with expert doctors.
"But the decision will be made as per the jail code. If anything is needed to be done beyond the jail code, we’ll take steps after consultation with doctors,” the minister told reporters at the secretariat when asked about BNP’s demand for Khaleda’s treatment at United Hospital.
“BNP leaders Nazrul Islam Khan and Major Hafiz Uddin came to me for providing treatment to the BNP chairperson at United Hospital.
I told them we’re doing everything for the treatment of Khaleda Zia, and we’ll do what will be needed in future,” he said.
“She had not gone abroad frequently for treatment before. Is there such an example? No. She had received treatment in the country. Our expert doctors are providing treatment to her. And it’s clear we’re taking necessary steps according to their advice,” said the minister while responding to another questing about taking Khaleda abroad for treatment.
He said Khaleda is enjoying all the facilities under the jail code. She has been suffering from various diseases, including diabetic. Khaleda’s personal physicians also examined her health condition and suggested various medical tests, including MRI.
As Khaleda has artificial metal in her body a special kind of MRI machine is needed for conducting the test and this machine is available at United Hospital. That’s why the BNP leaders requested to take Khaleda to the hospital, said the minister.
Responding to another question about giving permission to Sramik Dal for holding rally at Suhrawardy Udyan, he said the BNP leaders told him about the permission of holding rally on April 25 and May 1. He asked the leaders to submit an application to the Dhaka Metropolitan Police for permission.
- Coronavirus epidemic: Death toll surging to 65,000
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- BGMEA urges owners to shut factories until Apr 11
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Sehri and Iftar schedule revealed for upcoming Ramadan
- Coronavirus testing lab to be set-up in Cumilla
- 33 houses under lockdown in Shariatpur
- Madhukhali couple tested negative for coronavirus
- 2 Monipuri families under home quarantine
- Another woman in Gaibandha tests positive for coronavirus
- MP stands beside 800 families in Jamaganj
- Lightning kills 3 in Maheshkhali
- ‘Coronavirus test will be added to all medical college hospital’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- 2 RMG workers killed in Mymensingh road crash
- 1 killed, 15 injured in Brahmanbaria clash
- 8 types of coronavirus spread around the world
- Three physicians among 23 quarantined in Chattogram
- Call for Shab-e-Barat prayers at home
- Former Barcelona defender Carlos infected with coronavirus
- U-17 Women`s World Cup postponed
- Maximum 5pc LC margin for baby food import
- Coronavirus death surpasses 60,000
- China remembers coronavirus victims
- Shakib returns to family after completing quarantine
- WB to provide Tk 850 crore to Bangladesh
- Actor Javed undergoes successful surgery
- Tea worker found dead in Habiganj
- 57% of human cells is disease-promoting: research
- All News »
- School holiday draws to Eid
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Kurmitola Hospital to treat coronavirus patients only
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- 4 held in Saudi for claiming corona is ‘punishment from Allah’
- Army to go tough from today
- Edu Minister for continue students’ studies at home
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- Comedian Ken Shimura died of coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- No new coronavirus case detected in last 24 hrs: IEDCR
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Infant, younger than a year dies of coronavirus
- Construction work of Akij’s corona hospital resumed
- Corona epidemic: Spain record 821 more deaths in a day
- Coronavirus case rises to 49 in country
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Corona death climbs to 30,879, cases over .66m
- What Trudeau’s wife says after healing from coronavirus
- US coronavirus death toll surpasses 2,000
- Citywide quarantine in Moscow
- ‘Swapnataru’ comes forward in coronavirus crisis