Khaleda’s treatment outside jail after consultation with doctor
Published: 05:03 PM, 22 April 2018
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal on Sunday said that the government will take decision about further treatment of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia outside the jail after consultation with expert doctors.
"But the decision will be made as per the jail code. If anything is needed to be done beyond the jail code, we’ll take steps after consultation with doctors,” the minister told reporters at the secretariat when asked about BNP’s demand for Khaleda’s treatment at United Hospital.
“BNP leaders Nazrul Islam Khan and Major Hafiz Uddin came to me for providing treatment to the BNP chairperson at United Hospital.
I told them we’re doing everything for the treatment of Khaleda Zia, and we’ll do what will be needed in future,” he said.
“She had not gone abroad frequently for treatment before. Is there such an example? No. She had received treatment in the country. Our expert doctors are providing treatment to her. And it’s clear we’re taking necessary steps according to their advice,” said the minister while responding to another questing about taking Khaleda abroad for treatment.
He said Khaleda is enjoying all the facilities under the jail code. She has been suffering from various diseases, including diabetic. Khaleda’s personal physicians also examined her health condition and suggested various medical tests, including MRI.
As Khaleda has artificial metal in her body a special kind of MRI machine is needed for conducting the test and this machine is available at United Hospital. That’s why the BNP leaders requested to take Khaleda to the hospital, said the minister.
Responding to another question about giving permission to Sramik Dal for holding rally at Suhrawardy Udyan, he said the BNP leaders told him about the permission of holding rally on April 25 and May 1. He asked the leaders to submit an application to the Dhaka Metropolitan Police for permission.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh