‘Khaleda’s physical condition is good’
Published: 06:20 PM, 1 April 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) Director Brig Gen AK Mahbubul Haque said that the condition of BNP leader Khaleda Zia is good. He informed that she was admitted to the hospital at 1:45 pm.
He said, “Khaleda Zia was admitted to the 6th floor’s 621no cabin and 622 has been kept for those who are in her help. We have allocated two cabins for them.”
He told this at a press briefing at the BSMMU conference room on Monday.
AK Mahbubul Haque said, “Khaleda Zia’s physical condition is good. A five-member medical board has been formed for her treatment.”
“The medical board led by Dr Jilan Mia Sarkar, professor of Medicine Department, BSMMU. Besides, other members are- Dr Syed Atiqul Haque, professor of BSMMU’s Rheumatology Department, Dr Tanzima Parvin, assistant professor of Cardiology, Badrunnesa Ahmed, assistant professor of Physical Medicine Department, Chowdhury Iqbal Mahmud, assistant professor of Orthopedic Surgery Department,” he also said.
Meanwhile, Khaleda Zia has been examined several days ago. She was admitted to the hospital as their recommendation.
Mahbubul Haque said, “The board members formed for Khaleda’s treatment came to see her and talked with her. In addition, they prescribed the necessary medicines for her. She will take those medicines from today.”
During this, he said, “Khaleda’s personal physician Dr. Mamun is a co-assistant to the medical board.”
“As long as she is here, a specialist will see her everyday and informed daily updates,” Mahbubul Haque also said.
Referring to Khaleda Zia’s physical condition, he said, “She has pain in hand and leg joints and her diabetes slightly increased. Khaleda Zia can walk with someone's support.”
Asked whether Khaleda Zia needs to go abroad for better treatment, he said, “According to the condition of her physical state, we think BSMMU is enough.”
Mentioning that Khaleda Zia has confidence on the medical broad, Mahbubul Haque further said, “Khaleda Zia spoke very nicely with the medical board and said she would take drugs according to their prescriptions.”
Asked whether she has been brought forcibly or not to BSMMU against her will, he said, “If Khaleda Zia did not agree, then she would not have been brought to the BSMMU for treatment.”
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- Castor oil eliminate your acne problems
- Two kids drown in Jamalpur
- Delicious ‘Morog Khobani’ in this Puja
- Now police drive in Motijheel clubs
- AL identifies intruders
- `All must come forward against drug, sex-crime`
- DNCC launches eviction drive
- Minni in SC with father
- None will be allowed to run casino; says HM
- No lack of govt’s initiative on Rohingya repatriation
- 26 killed as bus rams into hill in Pakistan
- Saudi Arabia to avenge attacks on oil installations
- Gully Boy India’s entry for Oscars 2020
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing