Khaleda's hearing of Jatrabari arson case on Jan 30
Published: 06:41 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 06:45 PM, 29 November 2018
The court has fixed January 30 against 38 people, including Khaleda Zia for hearing on charges of arson case in the capital’s Jatrabari police station.
Judge SM Mohammed Ali of the Special Tribunal-6, fixed the order on Thursday at Bakshibazar’s Alia Madrasa field.
The hearing of the case was fixed today. But the case was adjourned in the High Court and the court allowed it to compel the hearing.
According to the documents, on January 23, 2015, a petrol bomb was thrown at a bus of Glory Paribahan in Jatrabari area. Twenty passengers of the bus were burnt to death. After being admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital, a passenger named Nur Alam (60) died on February 1. On January 24, Sub-Inspector KM Nuruzzaman filed a case with Jatrabari Police Station on the incident.
On May 6, 2015, Metropolitan Detective Branch (DB) Sub-Inspector (SI) Bashir Uddin submitted charge-sheets against 38 people, including the BNP chairperson, under the Special Powers Act in Dhaka Chief Metropolitan Magistrate’s Court.
The other accused in the case are BNP Standing Committee member MK Anwar, senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi, joint secretary general Habib-un-Nabi Khan Sohel, former joint secretary general Amanullah Aman, Barkat Ullah Bulu, chairperson’s advisor Khandker Mahbub Hossain, Shawkat Mahmud etc.
- Jaya Ahsan in spectral character
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Cox’s Bazar
- FM reaffirms for Rohingya send back
- Homemade delicious Beef Kala Bhuna
- China remains with Myanmar on Rohingya issue
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Treatment and medicine at Tk 5 only!
- Noble to fly for US
- RAB rescues abducted man from remote area, 4 held
- UNHCR praises Bangladesh
- Debiganj UNO office assistant killed in road crash
- Indian Cricket Board getting richer
- Day temp likely to fall (1-2) °C
- China’s hypersonic DF-17: Threat for regional stability
- Bede couple dies of snakebite in Satkhira
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- World Mosquito Day today
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon