Khaleda should take part in next polls: Tofail
Published: 03:48 PM, 27 December 2017 Updated: 09:40 PM, 3 January 2018
Awami League Advisory Council member and Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed said, `BNP chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia will cause more damage to herself and her party if she tries to stage demonstration. She should join the next polls.’
Commerce Minister said this after attending an extension meeting of Bhola district Awami League here on Tuesday.
Tofail Ahmed said Begum Khaleda Zia failed in her cause in spite of carrying out arson attacks that killed innocent children, hurled petrol bombs on vehicles, houses and killed policemen in the name of demonstration in 2013.
She burned down 500 schools in 2014 and killed four presiding officers in her bid to foil the general elections, the minister added.
Tofail Ahmed said Khaleda Zia killed people by torching and hurling petrol bombs during 93 days anti-government movement in 2015.
`She (Khaleda Zia) committed that she will not return home without ousting Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, but Sheikh Hasina is rightly running the country, while Khaleda Zia got defeated and surrendered herself before the court and returned home’, He added.
Tofail said, the next general elections would be held as par constitutional procedure, he said, adding elections in every democracy across the world are held under ruling party. The election commission would conduct the next polls under the present government.
The program was attended by local lawmaker Ali Azam Mukul, district Awami league secretary and chairman of zila parisad Abdul Momin Tulu, pourasava mayor M Moniruzzaman and others.
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PM to induct ‘Gangchil’ tomorrow
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- 157 schools damaged in Tangail flood
- AL pays homage to Aug 21 grenade attack victims
- Record 11.23-lakh tons maize produced in Rangpur
- Eunuchs sought punishment for in-community others
- Bangladesh mission in Delhi pay tributes to Aug 21 attack victims
- NZ women cricket’s same-sex couple expecting first child
- Mistrust, new conditions threaten to derail Rohingya repatriation
- Child rape accused held in Jhenaidah
- “Appeal hearing to start this year”
- 2 get life term for killing two Bangladeshis
- Now OC Moazzem seeks bail in HC
- Light to moderate rain likely
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Refuse immoral proposal, principal locks teacher in bathroom
- Over 2,300 tigers killed and trafficked this century
- Nightguard’s slit-throat body found in Fatullah
- AL’s programs on anniv of grenade attack
- 6 Indian soldiers killed as Pakistan Army responds to LoC firing
- Newly-wed couple found hanging with same rope
- Nayak Raj’s two years of departure
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again