Khaleda seeks bail in Cumilla arson case
Published: 02:41 PM, 27 February 2019 Updated: 02:45 PM, 27 February 2019
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia filed an appeal with the High Court (HC) seeking bail in a case filed over the killing of eight people in an arson attack on a bus in 2015 in Cumilla.
On behalf of Khaleda Zia, her lawyer Kaisar Kamal filed the petition with the concerned bench of the HC on Wednesday.
“The petition will move forward the bench of Justice AKM Asaduzzaman and Justice SM Mozibur Rahman for the hearing,” said the lawyer.
Earlier on February 4, Cumilla Additional District and Session Judge Mohammad Ali Akbar rejected the bail petition of Khaleda Zia in the case.
On January 23, the High Court asked the lower court concerned to dispose of the petition filed seeking bail for BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia within February 4.
The hearing on the bail petition in the case has been deferred four times so far due to various reasons.
On January 16, a court deferred the hearing on charge framing and bail petition of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia in the case.
Eight people were killed and at least 20 others injured in a petrol bomb attack on a bus at Jogmohanpur in Chouddagramupazila on February 3, 2015, during the BNP-led alliance's movement.
Two cases were filed against Khaleda Zia in this connection.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar