Khaleda gets HC bail in Cumilla arson case
Published: 06:48 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 06:51 PM, 28 November 2018
The High Court on Wednesday granted bail to BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia in a case filed under the Explosive Substances Act over the arson attack in Cumilla on January 25, 2015.
An HC bench of Justice AKM Asaduzzaman and Justice SM Mozibur Rahman passed the order after hearing a rule issued earlier in this regard.
Senior lawyer AJ Mohammad Ali argued for the BNP chief while Attorney General Mahbubey Alamand Deputy Attorney General Dr Md Bashir Ullah represented the state.
On October 15, Khaleda's lawyer filed a bail petition with the High Court after the Special Judge Court-1 of Cumilla denied the former prime minister bail on September 13 in the case.
On October 24, the HC accepted Khaleda's appeal for hearing and issued a rule seeking explanation as to why she would not get bail.
On 25 January 2015, a covered van was set on fire at Haiderpool of Chouddagram municipality on the Dhaka-Chattogram highway.
The following day, sub-inspector Nuruzzaman of Chouddagram Police Station filed a case against the BNP chairperson and 31 other leaders and activists of the party over the incident.
- Jaya Ahsan in spectral character
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Cox’s Bazar
- FM reaffirms for Rohingya send back
- Homemade delicious Beef Kala Bhuna
- China remains with Myanmar on Rohingya issue
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Treatment and medicine at Tk 5 only!
- Noble to fly for US
- RAB rescues abducted man from remote area, 4 held
- UNHCR praises Bangladesh
- Debiganj UNO office assistant killed in road crash
- Indian Cricket Board getting richer
- Day temp likely to fall (1-2) °C
- China’s hypersonic DF-17: Threat for regional stability
- Bede couple dies of snakebite in Satkhira
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- World Mosquito Day today
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon